Elk M1 and GE Wireless Receiver question

polldav

I have a GE Wireless Crystal receiver (ELK-M1XRF2G) and I added some flood sensors to it (TX-E611) using the RP2 software, and they are losing supervision right away. I think it's because I checked the wireless "enabled" box before I typed in the transmitter ID code (there is a warning about this I forgot about), so now the M1XRF unit is discarding the transmissions because it doesn't know the right transmitter ID codes (*I included the snippet from the manual below).  

So my question is, how do I force a push all of the valid transmitter ID codes to the M1XRF so that it stops discarding the valid signals? I am not sure if just unchecking/checking the box is good enough or if I have to clear the zones, or manually enroll over them, or what. It's taking awhile to troubleshoot since it takes 5 hours of waiting to see if supervision is lost every time. 

*From the manual: Operationally when a transmitter signal is received by the M1XRF it quickly scans through a filter of valid transmitter sensors to determine if it that sensor has been enrolled into the M1 or EZ8 control.  If that transmitter is valid then its data will be sent to the M1 Controller for additional processing.

Are you losing just the signals for the new sensors you recently added, or the signals for all of the previously enrolled wireless zones?

RAL said:
Are you losing just the signals for the new sensors you recently added, or the signals for all of the previously enrolled wireless zones?

It is only the ones I recently added - all 10 of them show the Lost Transmitter error as soon as the supervision timeout time passes (I set it to 4 hours to speed up troubleshooting). I have lots of other sensors, including 3 identical TX-E611 flood sensors, which are working fine still. 

All ten of the new flood sensors seem to work perfectly when I do a zone walk and put my wet finger over two of the sensors. 

I have tried powering off the main elk system and restarting which didn't fix it, and now I tried unchecking "Enabled" in the wireless setup, save/send to control/close program, reconnect and check Enabled, save/send to control again. I am currently waiting 5 hours to see about this outcome. Edit: just timed out again, so this didn't fix it.

My best guess is that the signals are being filtered out because some part of the system doesn't have them in the list correctly, based on these two things I saw in the manual/program. I think I screwed up and checked the box while the TxID was still 0000000, and now I'm trying to undo that error. 

ElkRP2 Wireless Zone: "If this box is checked, you cannot manually enroll this transmitter. You must enter a valid TxID below before checking this box."

M1XRF Manual: "Operationally when a transmitter signal is received by the M1XRF it quickly scans through a filter of valid transmitter sensors to determine if it that sensor has been enrolled into the M1 or EZ8 control.  If that transmitter is valid then its data will be sent to the M1 Controller for additional processing."

My next step will be using the keypad to enroll the transmitters via learn mode after clearing out the wireless info in RP2, but I am out of ideas after that if nothing works. 

Just to follow up, I was able to fix the issue by using the keypad installer programmer menu and enrolling them again via learn-mode. Maybe my local RP2 database somehow got corrupted, I'm still not sure exactly why this problem occurred, but at least there is a way to resolve it.

Back