Elk M1 Api to force Alarm

hagak

Is there an API for the ELK M1 that allows you to put the system into a specific Alarm State?

Example I have sensors in the house that are not directly connected to the ELK but would want them to trigger the ELK, say leak sensors to trigger a Water Alarm or even a Camera using object detection to trigger a burglar alarm.

There is no way to do it via an API or rules that I know of.  The most straightforward way is to have the sensor trigger  a zone input.if the sensor has a dry contact, or via a relay if it has some other type of output.  

That is what I thought.  Guess I can setup a relay across my current water sensor zone for the water alert and add a dedicated zone for burglar so that I can identify it was tripped from a 3rd party sensor.

hagak said:
Is there an API for the ELK M1 that allows you to put the system into a specific Alarm State?

Example I have sensors in the house that are not directly connected to the ELK but would want them to trigger the ELK, say leak sensors to trigger a Water Alarm or even a Camera using object detection to trigger a burglar alarm.
If by API, you mean using the serial/xep interface, you can fault a zone by using the "zt" (zone trigger) command.  Define the zone as needed, water, burglar, etc.  Of course this means you'll need some other device to monitor your sensors, connect to the elk, and send the command.

Back