Elk M1 board fit in existing can, couple other questions?

HighTest

Hello fellow Cocooners,

I've an older Caddx NX-8 security panel that I'm upgrading to an Elk M1 (don't worry, I've access to the EOL at each sensor and can replace for correct values). The question I have, is while I'm waiting for my Elk to ship, will it fit in an existing Caddx can? It's already in the wall and modified for Schedule 80 piping for the wire runs, I'd hate to rip up the wall to redo that work.

If I can physically mount the M1GKS kit inside of the existing Can, that would be ideal!

I also have a Code Encryptor LX2 remote keyfob system http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/pro...u/st/19441.html. This has several keyfobs that use a high security code (4 billiion changing) to allow family members easy access and arming. Anyone implement one with an Elk M1 system? Any caveats?

Thanks!

Sorry, no. It won't fit in a Caddx can. Hopefully you can enlarge the hole but if not, you could surface mount the can on top of the existing Caddx can.

I also have a Code Encryptor LX2 remote keyfob system http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/pro...u/st/19441.html. This has several keyfobs that use a high security code (4 billiion changing) to allow family members easy access and arming. Anyone implement one with an Elk M1 system? Any caveats?
Sorry for yet another no. The Homeywell wireless stuff won't work with the Elk. You need Caddx/ITI compatible wireless devices.

Look on page 67 of THIS manual. If you have a Caddx NX-003C enclosure it looks like it will work.

I know my enclosure for my Caddx NX8e measures 11 x 11 x 3.5" (not much room).

Look on page 67 of THIS manual. If you have a Caddx NX-003C enclosure it looks like it will work.

I Know that the NX-003C will work since I mounted an M1 in that cabinet a few years ago while testing an M1. ELK makes an adaptor plate for that as well.

I THINK I had to mount the M1 sideways or drill new holes. I dont remember anymore.

Shoot, I've an NX-003 enclosure, not the NX-003C. After looking at the manual, I see that the C enclosure has more length to it. Looks like the Elk might fit in the NX-003, but it wouldn't have sufficient room for the 7AH battery.

Guess I'll pay for that mistake as it's going to cost more for a can than if I'd purchased the bundle with it. I'd ordered the M1GKS hoping that my existing can was sufficient, but I'd been better off checking with you all first.

That said, if I'm purchasing a new can, cutting open the wall more and then trying to reconnect the schedule 80 pipe (1-1/4" conduits), do you have any suggestions first?

Thanks again for all the assistance.

This might not be the best suggestion, but maybe consider placing the Elk can below the original one (assuming the conduit enters the Caddx box from the top). This should create minimal drywall work for you. Then just punch through holes and use the Caddx box as a splice box initially, then as an add-on box for the future...

Back