Elk M1 firmware upgrade

As of today it is scheduled for March 19th, 2007, pending all beta test results are favorable and the wind is blowing in the right direction. :)

Man, I just did a full round of upgrades on the systems here last night. Elk probably hadn't been updated in a year or more.

Oh well, what are we getting out this next one?

I just fixed a item that was on a thread here the other day. If you turn off the voices on the M1, the amplifier would still turn on for a few seconds. Sometimes you could hear the hiss from the amp being turned on. This is fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the input. :)

Spanky said:
I just fixed a item that was on a thread here the other day. If you turn off the voices on the M1, the amplifier would still turn on for a few seconds. Sometimes you could hear the hiss from the amp being turned on. This is fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the input. :)
Excellent!!! That was me, and this is great!

The hiss wasn't so bad, it was the fact that some of us have the voice output connected to an intercom system with a rule that closes a relay/output when the amplifier is on. Closing this relay causes a "pop" in the intercom system, which is normal, but not what you want to hear when you are sleeping... it's loud enough to wake you up.

Thanks again.

Johnny

Have any of you tried the new firmware upgrades and if so, how is it going so far?

How about using rule comments in ElkRP, is that feature working ok?

Thanks!
Brian

Back