Elk M1 in a Leviton Enclosure

iprowell

Hello All,
Our place is setup with a Leviton structured media enclosure where all the sensor wires go. Obviously I will not be installing an Omnipro. Are there any pointers to get the Elk M1 equipment into the Leviton enclosure? It looks like it will involve a lot of drilling.

Thanks,
Ian

Here is an old thread about mounting the M1 in other cans. 

Also, Elk has these rails that might help, though I think they are more to accommodate Leviton and other modules, rather then Elk modules. . 

iprowell said:
Hello All,
Our place is setup with a Leviton structured media enclosure where all the sensor wires go. Obviously I will not be installing an Omnipro. Are there any pointers to get the Elk M1 equipment into the Leviton enclosure? It looks like it will involve a lot of drilling.

Thanks,
Ian
Had the same problem.  It does involve some drilling to mount things but then, you can put devices exactly where you want them. In my Gallery you can see how it turned out.   http://cocoontech.com/forums/gallery/image/1349-img-2434/

Thanks for the information. I thought my setup was overkill, but I guess I am not the only one who wants reliable wired sensors.

Back