ELK M1 is in the house!

pkoslow

Ok, actually it's only on the bench in the garage, but what a pleasure to work with and configure so far...

I picked up a M1 + Ethernet & Serial interfaces a few weeks back when ordering a setup for a customer. Found some time to get things plugged in today along with some UPB gear and have been very pleased with the results.

I'll spend a few more hours with it this weekend, and then plan to try it out with some Insteon gear. I'd like to standardize on one or two lighting protocols for the business and still having a difficult time making the choice.

In April, the M1 will be integrated into my home replacing some of the HomeSeer & Ocelot/SECU module functions. I'll retain HomeSeer for the VR, TTS, Media Player & RFID capabilities, but plan to dumb it down considerably. Most importantly I'll start from scratch with a new config. I've been running HS2 for a number of months now, but it's been far from reliable. I expect that I'm cursed from bringing my old config over from v1.7, but it just wasn't feasible to recreate it. Hopefully a new, trimmer config will solve those problems?

The Ocelot will remain to compliment the M1 with IR, and I'll also keep using MainLobby for the GUI.

I noticed there hasn't been any action on the M1/Insteon thread for a few weeks. Is everyone that's trying the Beta software using it successfully?

I'm happy to join the ranks of M1 owners... here's a photo of the new member of the HA family.

Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• M1_Bench_Setup.jpg
    M1_Bench_Setup.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 231
Welcome to the MOOA (Moose Owners Of America) club Paul!

And that's the garage! Damn, its neater than my office.

As far as the M1 with INSTEON, I gave up. It kept missing the linking on switches and I got SICK of doing the linking. I figure I will see what the next version of M1 INSTEON has to bring.

toymaster458 said:
As far as the M1 with INSTEON, I gave up. It kept missing the linking on switches and I got SICK of doing the linking. I figure I will see what the next version of M1 INSTEON has to bring.
I saw a little bit of that and found it easier to link each switch separately as you can see by the lights if it got it or not. Of course if you have 100 of them it might be a little annoying, I don't have a huge setup so it was not that big of a deal.

6 more went in this weekend including a keypad. Getting there...

Back