Elk-M1 Outputs 4,5, and 6

Old11C4

I need a logic output for a rule.
I have an Elk-M1 Gold with all the updates as of late May.
I use eKeypad Pro

I'm working out the logic and diagrams for installing Morningstar locks with a modified key-fob to lock and un-lock doors.

I have a relay output to lock each door and a second to un-lock each door. All my diagrams are done and I have the rules loaded in to the M1 and all works fine with eKeypad. (No wiring done)

I want to add a rule to lock all doors with a single selection. I first set up an unused port (no hardware) output > 64. However, I was not able to customize the name nor select the output to be displayed -- which also loads the output to eKeypad where I can control it. I have plans for outputs 17-32 and 49-64 (M1XOVR's). I would like to keep 33-48 open for future use. I don't know if I'll use the M1TWA - but have kept 7-13 open just in case. Outputs 14, 15, and 16 are open, but I could want these as selectable outputs also.

As far as I can see, outputs 65 and up can be accessed by rules, but not used as selections from eKeypad. If I need outputs to control something like the pool, via rules, I have plenty of expandability there.

LONG STORY SHORT: I used output 6 as a selection to Lock All Doors and wrote a rule to close this output for 1 second (which caused it to open [reset] once selected) and added more "then" rules to close each "Lock Door" outputs for one second.

I know there is no physical output for #6, but I don't need it. Is there any problem using this output in this way for selection and logic only?

The only down side I see is if Elk Products activates this output for some other purpose - I would have to find another output <64 and update my rule.

From someplace in Iraq - Thanks for your help.

Old11C4

Back