Elk M1 reporting to NextAlarm

raymondh

When I arm/disarm the system with a keyfob or when I dial in and arm/disarm remotely the Elk reports the status change to NextAlarm. When I disarm at the keypad it will also send the status.

The problem is, when I arm the system at the keypad (doesn't require a code to be entered) NextAlarm doesn't show a change in status. My guess is that since there is no user assigned to the arming, the Elk doesn't report it.

I hope I've explained this right...

Can anyone help me get the Elk (or NextAlarm) report arming from the keypad without using a user code?

My gut tells me you are on the right track. Either Dan from NA or Spanky can give you the definitive answer. From my perspective I have now set all of my customer accounts to require a user code to arm. Not only does it give you a user track log but it stops the ankle biters from playing with the system at parties. No offense meant to those who have ankle biters.

My gut tells me you are on the right track. Either Dan from NA or Spanky can give you the definitive answer. From my perspective I have now set all of my customer accounts to require a user code to arm. Not only does it give you a user track log but it stops the ankle biters from playing with the system at parties. No offense meant to those who have ankle biters.

You must mount your keypads to low :unsure:

I have to play with this myself to see if there is a way to get NA to see the status change.

Along the same lines...

Will the ELK notify NA of low batteries (all wireless zones), A/C failure, tamper, wireless sensors not reporting, and other "trouble"?

Along the same lines...

Will the ELK notify NA of low batteries (all wireless zones), A/C failure, tamper, wireless sensors not reporting, and other "trouble"?

Yes if you set it up that way. You have to enable those report codes in ELK RP and then in the Next Alarm config.

Along the same lines...

Yes if you set it up that way. You have to enable those report codes in ELK RP and then in the Next Alarm config.

I went through on the RP software and set the numbers (they were "00") to "01" in the Elk but I don't see anything different showing up in NA. All NA shows are my zones. In order to get the zones to show up I had to trip the alarm. I can't remember if I tripped the alarm after setting all those 0's to 1's.

Is there a way to update NA without actually tripping the alarm?

I use NextAlarm along with quick arming of the system all the time my NextAlarm account shows all status changes and user info. Under user RC's there is a built in User Code 203 - which is a "No Code" user report code for reporting the system was armed without a specific user (ie quick arming or a programmed armed). Make sure this RC it is set to 01. In my NextAlarm account I set up user 203 with a name of "QuickArm". All non-user armings are reported as Authorized Arm by QuickArm. A full user code must be used to disarm.

Hope this helps.
Boomer

You guys are good! That was a tough question.

A "No Code" used to arm is user code 203 and must be enabled in the User Reporting Codes before it will be transmitted through the Communicator. Single or double keypress must be enabled in the Area programming section to arm with only the Exit or Stay key.

If armed or disarmed by "ELKRP" is user code 202.

If armed or disarmed by an "Installer" code is user 201. Note: The installer code can be used to arm anytime, but can only disarm the M1 if the M1 was armed by the installer code.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you add a new zone to your M1 system, you have to enable the RC for that zone in order for the M1 to send a violation code to NextAlarm. Also, you need to add this new zone manually to the zone list you set up with NextAlarm. Currently, NextAlarm does not provide real time zone status for the M1 - something many of use are waiting for with direct IP monitoring.

Boomer

Back