Elk M1 Sunset / Sunrise

mishab

ElkRP is not correctly showing sunset / sunrise times for San Francisco. It seems to be 1 hour behing.
I checked the Global settings for the daylight savings time and its set to second Sunday in March [I installed the most recent ElkPR].

Another thing. I use sunrise / sunset times to control my light and for some reason it does not seem to work.
The rule:
WHENEVER SUNSET
THEN TURN Output 8 ON

WHENEVER SUNRISE
THEN TURN Output 8 OFF

It seems trivial, but it does not work. I did however sync'ed the sunset / sunrise times with Elk from Elk PR last night. Is there a way to check from the keypay what these are just to confirm that everything updated correctly?

- misha

The times on the sunset/sunrise table do not include day light savings time. The day light savings time is calculated separately from the table values.

Make sure you have set the new daylight savings time in ELKRP and downloaded them to the M1.

Make sure Observe Daylight Savings Time is checked on the Globals screen in ELKRP. Download to M1.

Make sure the Lat. / Long. values are right for your city when generating the sunrise/sunset table..

Thank you.
Done all of your suggestions.
Is there a way to troubleshoot why the sunrise / sunset times are ignored? How do i debug it? Is there a way to see what Elk has?

I use the Whenever Sunset Rule on my pond lights and it works fine. Not sure what your problem is. Get the new 4.4.10 upgrade for the M1 Tuesday. It did not make it to posting today, Monday.

In ELKRP, you can right click on the Automation/Sunset-Sunrise and Receive Sunset/Sunrise data. Whatever is in the M1's Sunset/Sunrise table will be loaded into ELKRP's table to view.

Remember the table will be off by one hour during the Daylight Savings period because Daylight Savings is calculated separately.

Back