sunrise/sunset way off?

chrisdias

I'm looking at my controller through PC Access and it says sunrise is 8:44AM and sunset is 5:16pm.

I'm in Seattle, and sunrise is 7:45ish and sunset is 4:18ish from a bunch of web sites i found.

This means my lights, controlled by programming, dont come on until well after dark.

I set my location using the zip code wizard and said it was daylight savings time. the latitude/longitude appear to be right as well.

am i missing something, or are the sunset/sunrise times not of much use?

thanks,
chris

Check your daylight savings time and the controller time again.
Also check you latitude settings.
I'm in Monroe and the times have been working for me for 2 years.
The times (I believe) are nautical twilight (actual vs. civli) so it will actually be darker or lighter outside than you think it should be.
I turn my lights on 30 minutes prior to sunset.

It is off by an hour so most likely culprit is the daylight saving time setting...

FYI: Daylight saving time is not currently active...

Check your begin end dates under local. Daylight saving time should begin on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November in most areas of the US. I know some areas like Arizona do not participate in DST so if I could be wrong about your area, but if you do not participate then the check box should always be OFF.

If the setting are correct, reset the time and give it a while. It doesn't recalculate sunrise/set immediately. But it should be correct within a few minutes.

Back