Elk M1 & W800RF, what a great combo!

So you are saying one single press on the dim button kills the light (I'll have to try this myself tonight)? What model switch do you have?

electron said:
hgupta1:
What kind of device are you trying to control (switch, module, insteon, upb, ...)?

noshali:
I use cheap x10 motion sensors to do exactly what you are talking about. In fact, there is another thread here somewhere showing some rules how to do occupancy sensing, I will see if I can find it later (have to run).
Electron,

Did you get a chance to lookup the thread that would help me use my ds10a with ELK?

Regards,

Sorry BSR,

Meant to say MS10 instead of DS10. Need to see how electron worked the MS10A as they fire back an off (even if there is motion) after 45 seconds to conserve battery.

I had to setup virtual devices in HS to get around this. Now that I want to move most of my stuff to elk, I was wondering how to get wround the hardware limitation.

regards,

electron said:
So you are saying one single press on the dim button kills the light (I'll have to try this myself tonight)? What model switch do you have?
Its just the HR12A palm pad remote.

I looked at the response from Homeseer to see what was being sent from the w800RF attached to my ELK M1, and it appears that each time I press bright or dim, it sends the command 5 times in a row.

Such as:

3/6/2006 9:47:43 PM X10 Received B6 (Kitchen Kitchen Lights) B Dim 7
3/6/2006 9:47:44 PM X10 Received B6 (Kitchen Kitchen Lights) B Dim 7
3/6/2006 9:47:45 PM X10 Received B6 (Kitchen Kitchen Lights) B Dim 7
3/6/2006 9:47:45 PM X10 Received B6 (Kitchen Kitchen Lights) B Dim 7
3/6/2006 9:47:46 PM X10 Received B6 (Kitchen Kitchen Lights) B Dim 7

Is this normal?

Hi

Is this normal?

It appears so , below is a snippet from a w800 xPL User , But i also use the w800 with xPL and it seems the Developer has put a filter on the number of bright / dim commands passed in the xPL PLugin maybe theres something similar in HomeSeer...

Actually just checked the plugin and theres a programmable timeout in the xPL PLugin to inhibit multiple commands...

My second problem is that I receive these commands and then send an X-
10 command to Homevision. The W800 seems to recieve about 5 commands
per button press and correspondingly sends 5 brt/dim commands. Is
there any way of filtering this to only send one X-10 brt/dim command
per sequence?
*******************************************************************\

HTH
Frank

Yeah, homeseer does limit the number of bright/dim commands, but I am trying to send commands just through ELk and wean myself off of homeseer.

It looks like the file got deleted during one of the many migrations. I have been going through old backups, but no luck so far :) If I can't find it, I'll try to redo the tutorial.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Without this site's immense resources I would be lost. There's a ton of info here that is hard to come by anywhere else, unless maybe you're an Elk reseller and have access to their secret forums or something.

Thanks for everything!

There's a ton of info here that is hard to come by anywhere else, unless maybe you're an Elk reseller and have access to their secret forums or something.
I am not aware of any secret Elk forums (maybe they really are secret). If you are an Elk customer/user, you should register your panel on their dealer site and get authorized to the downloads and forums.

Ok, it took me a while, but I redid the tutorial. It looked ok locally, but I'm not sure if it is still easy to follow, YouTube seems to have lowered the quality. If you are able to follow it ok, let me know, if not, I'll try to come up with a higher resolution version. I do plan on posting a how-to around this video, with screenshots, but need feedback first :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA5YVRf9Jdg

Just stopping back to say thanks to Dan for the video. My H/A server's hard drive died and I really need to get my W800RF back up and running. I'm currently too poor to replace the drive this month. I'll be working on getting this setup asap so my Elk can do the needful

Back