ELK M1 WITH HONEYWELL 5800RP

I am trying to configure the Honeywell 5800RP with the ELK M1 - what is the TX ID ? The ELK-M1XRF2H manual is missing some details all it says is:
Manually type in the Xmtr ID of the 5800RP from ElkRP or from the Keypad. This device CANNOT be
enrolled via the learn method. Enroll as a ordinary transmitter and set its Loop type to a 1. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Set the
Enable Supervision to a 1. Leave all the DIP switches on the 5800RP set to OFF. Power up the 5800RP and replace the cover. THE
TAMPER SWITCH MUST BE CLOSED in order for the zone assigned to the 5800RP to become secure. The 5800RP cannot repeat
the signal of another sensor unless it is functioning and its M1 zone is in a secure state. I.E. If the 5800RP tamper becomes activated,
or if the 5800RP loses total power, any transmitters that rely on it for communications to the control will become inoperable. This is the
reason why it is important for the 5800RP to be programmed as a working zone, and that it be set for periodic supervision
All I have is on the 5800RP are two sets of numbers: RF 00 0016 AB0C and A 085 7551 I am assuming that one of these are truncated to make the TXID? Why isn't that published in any document or website ? Please help !!!

Thank you that worked - I am still getting some VOICE ANNOUNCEDMENTS which seems to be false, for instance the Cabana Door has a wireless sensor and randomly this and couple of other doors are causing the ELK-m1 to announce the state of the door being open or close - and the states are wrong - if the door was closed the announcement may state that the door is open - yet on the second floor where I leave the sliding door open during the day or when I am home - the announcement accurately states that the door is open, but repeats the announcement randomly even if I did not close or open the door. Also the mailbox sensor also randomly announce "You Have Mail" several time during the day and night - and the mail as we all know it only gets delivered once :) All of these are Ademco 5817, since these were installed 2 years ago by ADT - I thought its the battery and replaced the batteries of the sensors that had the random announcements - but the problem persists!! I also did a walk test and all sensors are between LEVEL 5 and 8

Based on your other posts, I would investigate your programming and follow the specific programming instructions for the 5817's themselves (down to when to insert the battery, etc).

It sounds like your programming of the devices is suspect, possibly response time needs to be adjusted.

@ DEL Installations - thank you. I removed all of the sensors that are causing the random announcements - and followed the instructions:

Dr/Wnd Xmtr, 3 Channels
1 Reed & 2 Ext. contacts
Ademco Part # 5817

Use Enroll Method 2B NOTE: This Xmtr has 3 inputs and can be enrolled into 3 zones. The inputs have Loop # assignments
which must be set for each zone. The 1st zone could be Loop 1, the 2nd Loop 2, and the 3rd Loop 3. See sensor instructions. Repeat
the enroll process for each of the other zones prior to setting their Loop #. Ext. inputs are N/C by default, but can be changed to N/O by
setting zone option WZnxxx 04 (Enable Option 2) to YES.

Enroll Method 2B - Sensors with 2 or 3 channels and a tamper switch. * Verify Xmtr battery is installed before proceeding *

Step 1 - Remove sensor cover so that tamper is activated.

Step 2 - Press the keypad right arrow labeled "Lrn". Activate sensor so it transmits. Sensor is enrolled when keypad chimes & briefly displays Xmtr 7 digit Hex ID. Keypad will step to next available (blank) zone allowing rapid enrollment of sensors (except type that requires loop to be set first) by tripping the next one to enroll.

Step 3 - To end rapid enrollment press ELK.

Step 4 - To view the Xmtr Decimal ID & set the Loop # it is necessary to reselect the zone number and press the left arrow "HW".

Step 5 - Move cursor to Loop with right arrow. Program Loop according to which Xmtr input this zone is using. Refer to Xmtr Mfg. supplied instructions. External input(s) generally start at lower Loop (1 or 2), internal reed switches are generally the last Loop (2 or 3). When done press ELK twice.

NOTE: To use multiple channels select another zone for each & repeat the enrollment. Make sure to set the loop for each zone to an appropriate value.

Didn't find how to adjust the response time - is that a feature that can be modified within ELK RP ?

I spoke too soon - your recommendation for reviewing all of the setup method and re-enrolling the sensors might have fixed the repeat random voice announcements. Thank you

There's 2 things that need to be considered...the Elk specific instructions as well as those that come with the 5817 for how they are configured.....if you know the ESN it's a pretty easy affair, assuming you follow the 5817's installation documentation.

Back