Elk M1 XEP E-mail Problem

George, EXCELLENT!!

Thanks for your input. The Lavabit E-mail server works for me too, using port 587!!! What type of beer do you like!! :)
My wife thanks you too, since I was becoming obsessed with this lack of this M1 E-mail functionality.

Your welcome. No beer neaded. Just passing on what someone else gave me.

Dan,
Give me a few days to put something together.

I will title the new Thread , "M1XEP E-mail: Some steps that wokred for me.."

First, I need to find my pickup truck which seems to be buried somewhere under this snow!! :)

Hi folks. I just thought I'd chime in with my solution. I just installed my XEP the other day and ran into the same problem and ran around in circles trying to figure out what the solution. Turned out to be pretty simple. I had the user name and password entered when the server didn't require one. Removed that and off it went, even sent email when I was connected with RP2.

Sometimes it's the simplest things you overlook.

Could you please list the E-mail server you used that didn't require authentication.
Who is your ISP?
I have read here that some ISPs allow you to only use their E-mail servers.
Was this the case? ....just curious...

Could you please list the E-mail server you used that didn't require authentication.
Who is your ISP?
I'll chime in and say I did it with Comcast and their server.
I found the tip somewhere here while I was reading a lot of posts waiting for my system to be delivered.

Who is your ISP?

I use KelCom-Windsor IGS for internet access up here in Canada. Authentication is only required to receive email here. Not sure if maybe things are done differently in the states, but it worked for me...

Back