ELK-M1DBH Install Problem

deca

Hello,

Tried installing this tonight and have had no luck. Initially tried it with two keypads and the serial expander device but nothing had any power. Then scaled back and just tried to get one keypad to go, again, no luck. I've terminated J2 on the M1DBH with the dummy plug and also J3 on the M1 Control panel with a short out pin. I'm pretty confident that my T568A jack is good. When I start up the M1 the power light comes on but I don't get a flashing green status light. Also, I checked the voltage across +VKP and NEG and it is only showing .03V. Not sure if there is constant voltage from these terminals or not. My next step will be to try and hook up the keypad directly to the M1 panel and forget the M1DBH. It was hooked up this way earlier and it worked fine but I want to hookup more devices on the data bus so I thought this device would be the way to go. Can anyone offer any suggestions or help. Thank you.

Hook up the keypad direct to panel and see if it works.

Then I would check your wiring (albeit short) from the panel to the DBH to be absolutely sure there's no wiring issues between that and the panel.

Barring that, you would need to verify the crimp and pinouts to the field devices to be absolutely sure. I've never heard of a bad passive device, not saying it couldn't happen, but there's places more likely than not to have the issue.

You could also try temporarily terminating a short run to a KP and then installing it at the panel as well.

Turned out my main control board was fried. Have a replacement now and everything is working great again. Thanks.

Back