Elk M1gol-- ElkDroid

Wiretec

I have an Elk M1 Gold panel using a Samsung Tablet running ElkDroid. Firmware up to date. When i arm/disarm system with elkdroid i can do it once only. I then can power down the panel and back up and can only arm/diarm once only. All other features with Elkdroid work. I remember a while back when I used the telephone feature to arm/disarm the system acted a little erratic. Any sugestions on whats wrong or how to fix it?

Elkdroid is a good app - it has presented some similar challenges for me as well with our test systems here in the office. You might try uninstalling and re-installing from the market (or .apk file) if you have not done so already. I did that to fix a freezing issue with the ElkDroid app, and it did the trick. Does the Java web interface built into the XEP (or any other interface point) exhibit a similar symptom with only allowing one arming per M1Gold power cycle?

Incidentally, have you looked at the other Elk Android app, "MyKeypad"? It has a one or two very small imperfections as well, but for the most part it's been pretty solid here on our Elk training stations, and the developers there were good about responding to my inquiries as well.

Both apps are pretty good overall IMO.

I purchased the mykeypad app last week. It is at like $29 now, which seems like a good deal compared to elkdroid. Works well. There are a couple of wish list things I plan to send to them, but overall I like it.

Until the author of ElkDroid gets involved with his application again, I strongly recommend against purchasing this software, due to too many bug reports and lack of communications.

Until the author of ElkDroid gets involved with his application again, I strongly recommend against purchasing this software, due to too many bug reports and lack of communications.

Yep, I'm a little annoyed with this. I spent $100 on this program. It was the only one out there at the time, and the developer stated that he'd be releasing all sorts of updates and new features on a regular basis. Well, that hasn't happened.

At the very least, if he's not going to do anything with it, he should release the source so people can make it better. I would buy MyKeypad, but I don't want to just on principle since I spent $100 on this app. I barely use it anymore anyway since there are features I want, but it doesn't have.

Back