Elk M1XEP txt message non SSL SMTP providers (lavabit is gone)

relay

Hi there,
Wondering if anyone has suggestion for a non SSL email provider I can use since lavabit has discontinued service?
I don't want the complexity of a software controller or ISY.  My Elk works fluidly with my lighting, security, HVAC and locks without anything else and I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks!

Relay said:
Hi there,
Wondering if anyone has suggestion for a non SSL email provider I can use since lavabit has discontinued service?
I don't want the complexity of a software controller or ISY.  My Elk works fluidly with my lighting, security, HVAC and locks without anything else and I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks!
I am a comcast subscriber, and their non-ssl smtp works for me ok.

I just setup GMX and wanted to pass along the following configuration parameters which were NOT easy to locate

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.net
Port: 587

Optional Port for TLS/SSL: 465  (never got it to work)

I also find that doing a handstand then running around the room counterclockwise backwards three times also helps to get the XEP emails to work... Oh wait, it just stopped working again for no reason... $%#@^!

VC1234:

I am using Comcast.  I have a comcast.net email account.  I set the URL to "smtp.comcast.net" and the port to 587.  My "From" email is my [email protected] address.  I have my user name and password in the authentication fields.  But I receive no emails from Elk.  Are you doing something different?

I don't know about this specific case, but I know that some clients require the entire email address to be entered as the Username:

In your case, try entering: "[email protected]" as the username on the XEP configuration page and see if that works.

This is how mine is setup using my hosted mail server.

whlatimer said:
I just setup GMX and wanted to pass along the following configuration parameters which were NOT easy to locate

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.net
Port: 587

Optional Port for TLS/SSL: 465  (never got it to work)

Thanks the info on this.....GMX.
My current email provider (att) finally killed my access to the SMTP server that used port 25 and didn't require SSL. It died on Dec 11th.

I set up a GMX email account and changed the setting in EXP to those you found, and it looks like it's working fine.

Thank You

tal1412 said:
Thanks the info on this.....GMX.
My current email provider (att) finally killed my access to the SMTP server that used port 25 and didn't require SSL. It died on Dec 11th.

I set up a GMX email account and changed the setting in EXP to those you found, and it looks like it's working fine.

Thank You

Happy to assist.

Back