Elk M1XRFTWM

arctec37

Does anyone know if the Elk two way transceiver is backwards compatible with ge wireless sensors?
I have many of the "ge interlogix tx-1012-1-1" receivers and need to know that the new Elk Transceiver will work with them.

Thanks!

arctec37 said:
Does anyone know if the Elk two way transceiver is backwards compatible with ge wireless sensors?
I have many of the "ge interlogix tx-1012-1-1" receivers and need to know that the new Elk Transceiver will work with them.

Thanks!

No, the M1XRFTW and TWM are not compatible with any GE sensors.  They use Elk's own unique protocol and operate on different frequencies.  If you want something that will work the GE sensors, you need the M1XRFEG receiver.

Is there anything that prevents installation of both the ELK-M1XRFEG and ELK-M1XRFTWM? My kit is going to come with ELK-M1XRFTWM, but I still have enough legacy GE adapters that it's worth grabbing a ELK-M1XRFEG. I figure I'll use a mix. Would that work?

-Keith

You can use both types of wireless expanders together with the M1.  But you need to make sure you set up the M1XRFTW as the first expander (i.e. address 2), and configure the M1XRFEG above that. 

Back