ELK Releases M1/EZ8 Software Upgrade

Spanky

ELK Products, Inc. announces the release of M1 and EZ8 Security and Automation Controller software upgrade version 4.5.8 and 5.1.8. In addition the M1XRF2G RF Receiver software upgrade version 1.0.16 was also released.

The M1XRF2G RF Receiver software upgrade offers a new RF decoder which enhances the compatibility with the GE wireless transmitters.

The software upgrades are available at: M1dealer.elkproducts.com website.

Changes and technical notes are available on the website with Technote 9.

Fixed an issue with incorrect display of Custom Time values from a rule.

Thanks for fixing this; it's been a frustration for awhile and I can confirm the update now displays the time properly. +1 for WAF with that fix...

ELK Products, Inc. announces the release of M1 and EZ8 Security and Automation Controller software upgrade version 4.5.8 and 5.1.8. In addition the M1XRF2G RF Receiver software upgrade version 1.0.16 was also released.

The M1XRF2G RF Receiver software upgrade offers a new RF decoder which enhances the compatibility with the GE wireless transmitters.

The software upgrades are available at: M1dealer.elkproducts.com website.

Changes and technical notes are available on the website with Technote 9.

Will the M1XRF2G allow for better support for SAW based devices?

The software upgrade for the M1XRF2G does not change the front end bandwidth of the receiver. The reason ELK specifies crystal based transmitters is because the front end bandwidth of the receiver is narrower than the GE receiver therefore eliminating some noise and able to receive weaker signals.

SAW based transmitters do work, but they could transmit out of the front end bandwidth of the receiver and the signal could be missed. A SAW based transmitter with a maximum tolerance of the output frequency of +- 75 Khz should work OK.

The further a transmitter is from the receiver (weaker signal), the closer to center frequency the transmitter must be.

Thanks for the firmware upgrade - especially the support for external access to counters. Anytime we can get access to more variables in the M1G it is a good thing.

Keep up the good work.

Brian

Hi, thanks for the update for my Elk M1 Gold.

Can you post a release notes for Elk-M1XRF2G firmware 1.0.16? I don't have one yet, but I wanted to see what's new/changed.

I already saw the release notes for 5.1.8. Is it that information for 1.0.16 is part of 5.1.8 release notes but are not part of the M1G firmware?

The notes for the M1XRF2G is part of the M1 release notes.

The big change is a new RF software decoder for the GE RF Protocol Specification. This resolves some issues of transmitter compatibility and signal reception.

Back