Elk rule not activating two tasks

davidliles said:
Is there any way to test that the M1XSLZW contains a z-wave configuration and is functioning properly? I know that the z-wave network is configured because from within the Leviton Vizia controller software I can execute the door lock and unlock function manually. I've uploaded this configuration to the RF controller in the Elk panel and get the confirmation that is was successfully updated.

My house is a single story ranch and the Elk panel is located in the master bedroom closet which is at the opposite end of the house in relation to the front door.

M1XSLZW does not store any  zwave net configuration.  The secondary zwave controller, VRC0P+, that's connected to M1XSLZW would  after you'd have transferred your network configuration from your primary controller.

The easiest way to see if a command is sent to a lock and a status response is received would be to use a serial tap between VRC0P and M1XSLZW  with its third rs232 connector  attached to a laptop so that one could observe send/receive serial packets.  Failing that, you can just disconnect VRC0P from M1XSLZW, connect it to a laptop and try to issue lock/unlock commands manually as documented here: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-2392

vc1234 said:
 Failing that, you can just disconnect VRC0P from M1XSLZW, connect it to a laptop and try to issue lock/unlock commands manually as documented here: http://communities.leviton.com/docs/DOC-2392
Here's an example of what to expect on your laptop screen:

You type:

N011SS98,1,255

where:
011 - node 11/lock
98 - secure command
1,255 - lock command

Response:
<N011SS98,1,255                                
<N011:152,128,132,193,202,192,060,036,006,099  
<X000                                          
<N011:152,064                                  
<n011:000,113,005,024,001                      

See the doc above for more detail.

vc1234 - Thanks for this information!

In the included instructions that came with my VRCOP+ there was no mention of needing to perform a device association as indicated in the document you referenced above.

davidliles said:
I apologize if said the UPB lights were not functioning... they are and always have been functioning as expected.

My fault, I have to slow down and read more carefully.

Mike..

davidliles said:
vc1234 - Thanks for this information!

In the included instructions that came with my VRCOP+ there was no mention of needing to perform a device association as indicated in the document you referenced above.

1. When you created your network with a primary controller, you might have already established the association between the lock and the secondary controller (vrc0p+)  assuming your primary controller is the leviton rf stick.  I believe the M1XSLZW manual specifically instructs that you need to do that. If not, you can establish the association manually from within vrc0p as described in the vrc0p+ document.

2.  The association is  needed  in order for the lock to send status notifications back to the controller.  The lock should work without the association/ability to notify just fine.  At least, the Yale lock I have does.  It is easy to verify if the association worked  by operating the lock manually and seeing (or not) the status notification on the vrc0p+ serial port.

3. It is possible that the vrc0p+ configuration is correct, but the RF conditions are not good enough for the lock to communicate reliably. Again, you may be able to figure out if that is the case by operating vrc0p+ from your laptop and changing the location of your laptop wrt the lock.

Back