Elk rules for the ELK-M1KAM (M1 Single Door Access Module)

Quixote_1

Hi,

I've FINALLY joined the ELK M1-Gold club and I'm both intimidated and excited as I pour through the documentation that I received with the products. With it, I purchased an ISY, which I'm very stoked about as well. I've read a lot about both systems in this forum and the Universal Devices forum, but have no hands-on experience and I've only touched the tip of the ice-burg.

One of my immediate concerns is about my door entry system that I had so carefully planned out. I bought a couple of iLock boards from creative control concepts (http://www.cc-concepts.com/products/ilock/). I'm pretty sure that I would have an easier time using the M1KAM to interface to the ELK, though, technically, I'm sure I could use some inputs on the ELK to watch when the relays on the ilock are closed.

To cut to the chase: what I would like to know is if I can see whose ibutton is scanned at a specific keypad if I used the ELK-M1KAM M1 Single Door Access Modules in lieu of keypads, so that I can set certain conditions based on who has just triggered "ACCESS". I know I can set rules for "whenever access" at a specific keypad, but can I also see who it was that scanned their button?
The reason I need this info is because I hope to create a logic gate of sorts using one scanning probe inside the door and one outside to keep tabs on who is home and automatically arm the alarm if the number of occupants drops to zero.

Thanks!

(edited for clarity)

Nobody here knows anything about this unit? I'd rather not shell out for these if they will not do what I want them to.

Back