Elk ts07 replacement

joe39562

I am looking to replace my elk TS07 touchscreen due to recent failure. what have other people done to replace this touchscreen due to the fact that the unit is installed flush mount in the wall and will leave a large hole once removed? I was hoping that maybe there was an adapter kit to the elk nav touchscreen. I am not looking forward to doing drywall work to cover the hole. Any ideas?

If you're really against repairing the dry wall maybe you could cover the hole with a finished high grade piece of plywood and attach the new keypad to that. Maybe put a few hooks in it to hang your keys on too.

Mike.

Im kinda shocked this hasnt come up yet with anyone else. The old touchscreens are aging at this point and are most likely needing replacement. It would have been easy for elk to make a recessed bracket for filling in the same hole with one of the new keypads. My touch screen is in my bedroom on a wall that has a finished stenciling done that was done recently that I cant replicate easily which is why Im not looking to do drywall work on. Any kind of plywood just wouldnt look right in the location.

This sounds like good application for 3D printing to make a back box and face plate. Admittedly, a cover plate made of 3D printed plastic would look pretty cheesy. But once you have a design prototyped, there are a number of places that can then print one in a better looking material, including metal.

joe39562 said:
Im kinda shocked this hasnt come up yet with anyone else. The old touchscreens are aging at this point and are most likely needing replacement. It would have been easy for elk to make a recessed bracket for filling in the same hole with one of the new keypads. My touch screen is in my bedroom on a wall that has a finished stenciling done that was done recently that I cant replicate easily which is why Im not looking to do drywall work on. Any kind of plywood just wouldnt look right in the location.

There are materials other than plywood that you could use as a back plate to cover the hole. A thin sheet of UHMW plastic might look good. How much is the difference in the size of the old and new keypads? I'm picturing just a small border would be showing around the new one.

Mike.

Last I looked, there was a pile of these out there as Elk was discontinuing them and you can still find NIB touchscreens.

Back