ElkDroid Released to Android Market (ABANDONED)

Hi Kent,

Love the ElkDroid app. Works well. Any chance you will make the Climate screen available in the future?

Also it doesn't appear that you can actually arm the system at this time. Is this true and do you plan to make this avaialble in the future?

Thanks for the hard work and keep it coming.

Barney
Hi Barney,
The climate screen is a top priority. I am working with Elk and some dealers to acquire what I need to develop it.

The initial release allows you to control your security from the security tab - click the Radio button next to which mode you would like the system to be armed. If you have having trouble please send me a PM and I'll work with you to resolve any issues.

Kent

Kent,

For some reason I am not allowed to send a PM.....?

The arming fuction is not working on my HTC Incredible. The radio button will change for a short time then go back to Disarmed. I can disarm the system if it is armed. I did check the system before trying to arm and it was "ready to arm".

I can't add a post if my e-mail is in it! What a pain...

Can you PM me?

Thanks,
Barney

Barney, new users have a few limitations to deal with, in order to combat spammers (seems to work well). That said, I just upgraded your access, since you obviously aren't a bot ;)

As for the app, it works pretty well, I had to use it today to control my pool pump while 30 miles away, pretty handy!

Does this have support for multiple areas? I have my main level and my basement as seperate areas so I can disarm and arm them seperately

How does elkdroid compare to ekeypad pro

eKpro owner for the iphone here.. glad to see that the droid finally got an elk app as well.. you guys seem to be in good hands with KentDub. I don't know the specifics on everything it can do, but it looks like it's got a good start from the screen shots.. the differences ( from what i can tell from those ) is that eKpro has the ability to customize a favorites tab with any lights / zones / outputs etc.. that you want to be able to control at a glance. Jayson's eKpro app also has the ability to do video streaming even via 3g, and the ability to monitor energy consumption via a brultech. Last time i talked to him he was adding more camera's, dvr's etc to be supported in the next release. The most exiting thing i'm waiting for him to add on is audio control. I'm glad elk got around to it, but their control of audio systems like the nuvo was a bit.. uh.. lacking to me. i guess that's kind of more a limitation of the elk and it's memory capacity, but i have high hopes jayson should be able to bridge that gap and some of these whole house audio controllers will be controllable via wifi or even on 3g soon, using a mobile phone as a 'wireless keypad'... i know nuvo's got one, but it's $400+ and only does the one thing.. even so nuvo just came out with a iphone app as well that costs $99 so if kentdub manages to add audio control, i'm sure the value of his program will go up as well. In the end, i'm glad i got in on jayson's app early on, the price was more than i'd ever paid for any other phone app, but it's been worth it over 10 fold with the great customer support he's given, and features he's added.

Anyway, once again I'm glad someone stepped up and made an app for android users, KentDub my hat's off to you and Jayson, i'm no programmer, but because of you two i'm sure a lot of people are even happier they chose an elk m1 now.

Kent spent some time getting my problem fixed and I thank him for that. Turned out to be a hidden problem in my user account in ElkM1. Deleted the old user account and and set up a new one (with all the same parameters) and the ElkDroid works great. He also found a couple of small bugs he will address in the update scheduled for this week. Thanks again Kent.

Dan (Electron) - Thanks for getting my access upgraded so I can send and receive PM's. Can't ask for better service than that!

;)

You all will be excited to know that the wait is over. You now can have control of your Elk security system from your Android phone :D Search the market for 'ElkDroid'. All future updates, features and enhancements are included in this version.

Achieve full control of your configured Elk M1G or EZ8 home security panel from anywhere you can access your Elk XEP. ElkDroid provides an easy and secure way to remotely operate and monitor system state, lighting, tasks and zones. Customize extensively for maximal efficiency based on your hardware and preferences.

Grab life by the antlers with ElkDroid!
Very happy to see this application hit the market! I represent a company that installs hundreds of Elk controls every year and until now could only assure our customers that this application was on the way.
Thanks a million Kent!

Is there any chance that future updates will include a keypad as opposed to just the simple disarm button? This strikes me as a security breech in a lost or stolen phone situation.

All's well so far BUT I have Leviton DHC switches that use "extended" dimming and thats how they are configured in RP / M1G. So my issue is that dimming doesn't work when I change the sliders on your application...
Hi Brian,

I'll take a look tonight. Can you please PM me your e-mail address so I may work with you on this? I'll make sure this gets fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
Kent

Back