ElkRP 1.6.6 and Status Button Problem

imfsimm

Hello All

Has anybody else seen this?

When I click on status button "ElkRP Ver 1.6.6" the Current Status and Remote Control box opens, it loads my zones ok. The Zone Status box scrolls to the bottom but I cant scroll up, when I try to grab the slider and pull it up, it goes right back to the last zone. I cant arrow up either.

I updated this morning to the new release, never had problem before update. Keypad 2.1.40, input expander 1.3.7, ethernet 1.2.0 with bootware 1.1.2.

Any Ideas?

Since I'm here

Has anybody been able to get email to send out of the Elk-M1XEP? I cant get it to work no matter what I do!

Thanks

Tim

I am having the same issue on the Status screen and also when I Verify my M1XEP it shows my Bootware as version 0.0.0

As far as email goes mine is working fine.

imfsimm said:
Has anybody been able to get email to send out of the Elk-M1XEP? I cant get it to work no matter what I do!
Are you trying to send mail while in RP? RP has to be disconnected for mail to work - common error, we've all had it ;)

toymaster458 said:
I am having the same issue on the Status screen and also when I Verify my M1XEP it shows my Bootware as version 0.0.0

As far as email goes mine is working fine.
Toymaster

I too noticed that when I updated the software the first time. Did you do the three step process? Once I did that, it went to 1.1.2

Steve

I was disconnected when I tried the email. I have a rule to send email whenever the keypad is disarmed, or my motion in the garage is tripped, and a few more things. Do you know of an easy way to test this?

Thanks for everything

I have received more response from this site, than ELK! They still haven’t responded or acknowledged the Can problem.

Tim

imfsimm said:
I too noticed that when I updated the software the first time. Did you do the three step process? Once I did that, it went to 1.1.2
What three step process. Maybe that is where I screwed up.

As far as a quick test I made a task "TestEmail" and then created a simple rule whenever TestEmail then send email

then ran the task from the web interface

toymaster458 said:
imfsimm said:
What three step process. Maybe that is where I screwed up.

As far as a quick test I made a task "TestEmail" and then created a simple rule whenever TestEmail then send email

then ran the task from the web interface
Toymaster

I dont know why this is so hidden on the site, it should be attached to everything they have. Check the link

I will try that "TestEmail" that is too easy. Crap, if one would stop and think about this stuffl It would then become obvious. ;) Ya! Right

Thanks

Tim

http://m1dealer.elkproducts.com/index.php?..._Document_id=34

When I click on status button "ElkRP Ver 1.6.6" the Current Status and Remote Control box opens, it loads my zones ok. The Zone Status box scrolls to the bottom but I cant scroll up, when I try to grab the slider and pull it up, it goes right back to the last zone. I cant arrow up either.

I see there is a problem here. I will pass it on to the ELKRP GURU.
Thanks for the heads up.

They still haven’t responded or acknowledged the Can problem.

Not aware of a can problem. Enlighten us!

Spanky said:
They still haven’t responded or acknowledged the Can problem.
Not aware of a can problem. Enlighten us!
Spanky

M1G can

I knocked out the four holes in the top of the can for 3/4 inch and cut a hole to place the can inside the wall. I put four 3/4 inch tread to slip connectors on the can and tightened them with screw on nuts. I drilled four holes going into attic spaced the same as the holes on the can. I glued 4 30 inch pipes to the connectors and slide it in the wall. Everything was looking great. I ran the wires down the pipe from the attic.

Went to place the M1G in the panel and it would not fit with the center fittings, it would not go high enough to allow for the screws on the can to slide into the back of the board.

I wasn’t sure if I could remove the black cover on the controller board and put the screws in from the front? If I can I might put the two center pipes back in.

Tim

Orginal post on ELKs forum

http://m1dealer.elkproducts.com/index.php?...PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=174

Now I understand the can issue.

The 14 inch can was designed as a structured wiring enclosure and we made provisions for the M1 and EZ8 to mount in the can. The top center conduit knock outs do not allow much space if the M1 board is mounted.

We are tooling a new 14 inch can for the M1 that does not have all the holes and the two top middle knock outs.

There is no problem taking the M1 board out of the plastic back housing and screwing the housing to the can, then mount the board back into the plastic.

Thanks for the insight. Your comments are well taken.

Back