Email notifier board

nothing....
i tried to change password, i used another gmail account but the board doesn't send email (i tried to send alarm mail by a video camera connected to the same network with the same account gmail and it works... so in my opinion the problem isn't the account...)...
i also change the serial port, nothing....
i changed the ip of the notifier board.... nothing

ps: if i ping the board, it responds...

I should have stated I power cycled several times without effect, You do this by unplugging, then plugging back in, the serial cable to the Omni Notifier.

Either way, it stands to reason that if your GMail account is disabled, the Omni Notifier won't be able to send you notifications. What does not stand to reason is that HAI should tell you there are needed changes to your GMail account, which will prevent the Notifier from disabling your GMail account.

To find out if your GMail account is disabled, and to make the necessary changes, the steps are listed below.
  1. Log into the GMail account you are using for your Notifier board from a PC.
  2. In the upper right hand corner of the browser you are using to access your GMail account, to the left of a circle indicating your account, and a circle indicating Google Notifications, you will find a 3x3 matrix of black squares indicating "Google Apps". Click on this matrix.
  3. In the drop down, select "My Account"
  4. Towards the bottom of the screen on the left you will see "Security Checkup", click on this. It may ask you to login.
  5. The first item is "Recovery Information", I had to click the Done button below it.
  6. The next item is "Check your recent security events", in this section, if your account has been disabled, you will see the date it was disabled. I believe by logging into the account from a PC it re-enables automatically, but it will still show you the date it was disabled if done recently. If you have to do something else, you should be able to do so from this tab. Either way, your account has to be enabled for your notifier to send email through it.
  7. Click on the "Looks Good" buttons for the following sections until you get to the bottom section, entitled "Disable access for less secure apps". This needs to be set to "Turn On" for the Omni Notifier to work. (The default setting is off.)
I believe these instructions are clearer than the HAI instructions, which basically include the link which I copied in my post above.

Finally, I should include information that Leviton provided to me while trouble shooting the issue. This is their test account, which worked fine on my notifier. Program your Notifier with the following account information (instead of the one you are using now):

Send from = [email protected]
U/N = levemailnotifier
PW = sasupport

StarTrekDoors - curious if you have tried this.
Enry86 - see if this doesn't work for you

citrixmeister said:
Finally, I should include information that Leviton provided to me while trouble shooting the issue. This is their test account, which worked fine on my notifier. Program your Notifier with the following account information (instead of the one you are using now):

U/N = levemailnotifier
PW = sasupport

the account is working. in fact i try to use it to send alarm email in a surveillance camera and it works....

citrixmeister said:

U/N = levemailnotifier
PW = sasupport

now the board works....
i think that the problem was the security of gmail.... "Disable access for less secure apps" was active i only insert the phone number...

Hinton.PNG

I'm at a client site this week a thousand miles away and trying to get the e-mail notifier working to no avail. I tried the Leviton test account provided above (thank you citrixmeister) but cannot get a successful send. What am I missing?

That SMTP server address that you're using just doesn't look right to me.  Have you tried smtp.gmail.com as a SMTP server address?

Bob is right.  SMTP server is wrong.  You can't enter an e-mail address for the server address.

Thanks Fellows... you're right about the SMTP address and that was my mistake when I took the screenshot (working too quickly). My issue was finally resolved after reloading the firmware. It's working for now, at least!

citrixmeister said:

U/N = levemailnotifier
PW = sasupport

The boards work for one or two emails generally but again, if you cycle power, email notifier will start working again, so it's not an email account thing and not only GMAIL, but to answer your question; we've used various email servers including GMAIL, Microsoft Exchange, and others. It does work if the power is cycled.

My notifier board has worked without issue with GMAIL for months up until last Wednesday when it stopped sending emails.  Through the Dealer PC SW i can still tell it to send email and it appears to work (no errors), but nothing goes through.  Makes me wonder if google changed some security options.  I haven't tried power cycle, will do that tonight.

Mike

Mike F said:
My notifier board has worked without issue with GMAIL for months up until last Wednesday when it stopped sending emails.  Through the Dealer PC SW i can still tell it to send email and it appears to work (no errors), but nothing goes through.  Makes me wonder if google changed some security options.  I haven't tried power cycle, will do that tonight.

Mike
Log on to Google and see if you can find any errors. I don't use Google for my board, but I know Google keeps tweaking their security settings. Once you are on, Google allows you pretty extensive control over which devices can connect and which can't.  The notifier board doesn't meet Googles requirement for high security so you may have to make adjustments accordingly.

My Gmail alerts stopped working last week.  I normally have daily arm/disarm messages sent.  The last one was on 6/22.  I can go to the Gmail account and see in the "Sent" folder the last HAI message that was sent on 6/22.  Like Mike F, my tests appear to work normally.  Either HAI isn't getting the message there or Gmail is not accepting it.

I'm using smtp.gmail.com on port 465 with SSL/TLS enabled.

I have a trusted vendor that told me this morning Leviton is working on a firmware upgrade for the notifiers for this.  I suspect it is the decomm of SSL 3.0 or requiring TLS 1.2 on google's end that caused the problem.   So keep an eye out for the upgrade, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Back