email rules not working out of ELK

I updated the firmware in my XEP over the weekend and finally was able to hit the TEST button in XEP setup and was able to get an email to showup in my inbox. So next I created a rule to send email #1 whenever a specific output changes. I created the rule, sent it to the ELK, and hit the test button after selecting the rule in the list. Nothing shows up in my inbox. I checked my mail server smtp log file and no connection from the elk was made to my mail server. Deleted the rule, created a new one, same thing. Checked the email address, it's fine.

I also set the rule to trigger the email when my front door gets opened.. sent the rule to the elk and opened my front door and nothing gets sent.

I can go back into XEP setup and send a test message there just fine but sending a test from the rules page doesn't work. Anyone have any clues what I might be doing wrong?

I double checked and every device in my ELK setup is on the latest firmware.

Kyle

Problem solved. I didn't realize that if you're connected via elk RP that it cannot email out. I disconnected from RP and email triggers worked fine. I'm still unsure why you can send a test message from the XEP while connected with the RP software. Oh well.

The test button has to work when connected with ELKRP, else the test button is pretty useless. :p

ELKRP limits other devices from connecting and changing settings so that ELKRP can have the most recent changes and store them on your hard drive.

Back