email

pittom

does anyone have problem with yahoo mail? i have 3 boards running with all different emails and stopped working. My yahoo account is good and do test and nothing

I am having the same problem with both of my boards.  Changed port from 587 to 465, did not make any difference.  Email notification remains down, something happened at Yahoo's end.

It appears that most all providers require SSL now.  I've tried Yahoo, Gmail, and my local provider with no success. If anyone has a solution please share.  Thanks.

Yahoo must have changed something. Not good for me my hot tub is outside and temps are in the teens so if something happens I wont know till to late

As posted most non-ISP email require SSL/TLS security which webcontrol does not support.

I use my ISP email account for Webcontrol - they still support plaintext SMTP for outgoing email.

WC32 does support SSL emails, like gmail, however, WC8 does not have code space to support SSL email.    Many ISPs provide non-SSL email service for its network range, for example, if your ISP is COX, its plain SMTP port is 25 at smtp.cox.net without authentication. If your hosting company is bluehost or some other hosting company, they also support non-SSL email REQURIRE authentication, you will need to contact their support to find out port number and server name.

If anyone knows free public plain smtp server, please post here. 

Socketlabs.com allows to have a free account sending 500 plain smtp email a month.  It does require authentication, its port is 25, 2525, and 587.  Some ISP blocks port 25 going outside their network, in that case, you will need to try port 2525 and 587.

CAI_Support said:
WC32 does support SSL emails, like gmail, however, WC8 does not have code space to support SSL email.    Many ISPs provide non-SSL email service for its network range, for example, if your ISP is COX, its plain SMTP port is 25 at smtp.cox.net without authentication. If your hosting company is bluehost or some other hosting company, they also support non-SSL email REQURIRE authentication, you will need to contact their support to find out port number and server name.

If anyone knows free public plain smtp server, please post here. 

Socketlabs.com allows to have a free account sending 500 plain smtp email a month.  It does require authentication, its port is 25, 2525, and 587.  Some ISP blocks port 25 going outside their network, in that case, you will need to try port 2525 and 587.

I just setup GMX and wanted to pass along the following configuration parameters which were NOT easy to locate

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.net
Port: 587

Optional Port for TLS/SSL: 465  (never got it to work)

I am a Comcast high speed internet user, their smtp service works.

Host: smtp.comcast.net

nd_liu 

I have 3 boards with 3 different emails that text to my phone,i set them up with comcast but kept From Address
Mostly same as Username the same yahoo email so when text comes i can set up each board it's own text sound 

tom

whlatimer said:
I just setup GMX and wanted to pass along the following configuration parameters which were NOT easy to locate

Optional Port for TLS/SSL: 465  (never got it to work)

So, GMX works okay with the basic WC8 board, but the 'Port' number has to be 587? 

Can I just use GMX on-line (like Gmail) and not have to run any GMX software on my PC?

Thank, Rich><

Hi Rich,

The GMX server information is for configure WC8 board Notification screen for sending email notification.

Your desktop computer don't have to use that configuration.

I was trying to find out of GMX was a fully web-based email service, like Gmail and Yahoo mail..
Didn't want to install another email program on my PC.

Then I looked at more of the GMX site a little closer, I saw "As Intuitive As A Desktop Interface"..

I'm all set now. Thanks for posting the info..

~~~~~
Edit: Didn't take long to get the account set up and set up the CAI Notify. Worked like a charm, thanks again.. 

Back