Error with Dynamic DNS service and M1XEP

jlokanis

I have my M1 and the XEP all setup and working, but every day I get these emails from the system:

The ELK-M1XEP (Elk-M1XEP) has detected that your public IP address has changed from Unknown to 0.0.0.0

and

The ELK-M1XEP (Elk-M1XEP) encountered an error while updating your public IP address with the Dynamic DNS server.
Please check your settings.
Error message: This service requires basic http
Old IP address: Unknown
New IP address: 0.0.0.0

(note: I replaced the actual IP above with all 0s. The message does contain my actual DHCP assign IP from my ISP)

When I setup the XEP for Dynamic DNS updates, I ran the test and it passed. So, I am confused as to why it is not working.
I am using the service: "dynupdate.no-ip.com". I have verified that the user and password are correct.
My firmware is all up to date.

Any help is appreciated!

-John

I moved this topic to the ELK subforum, hoping ELK will see this. Sounds like this might be a bug in the XEP firmware. Have you tried contacting ELK?

Piasa said:
Any update?  I, too, get these errors daily.

What version of firmware are you running?

What DDNS provider?

I've been using No-IP for 2 yrs with no issues. I also know others who are doing the same. The only emails I get are to notify me of when my IP has in fact changed. I've confirmed this by performing a Google search of "what is my IP address".

Back