Event type question from my NextAlarm log

v1rtu0s1ty

Good morning folks. How is everyone doing? :)

Anyways, I have a question regarding my alarm log at NextAlarm. What are those and why does it say failure? I've got 2 events that I don't understand. The other event(Interior Violation) I have is easy to understand.

1. External Siren 2 Failure
2. Periodic Test Report

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil

Answer to your question #1 is probably has to do with your Output 2 setup.
Answer to your question #2 is fine. You can change the setting for periodic test under the menu Communicator, System RC.

Neil:

Reports are different in NextAlarm between just testing an inactive account and testing a real active account. The reports are not as full in an inactive account compared to a fully active account. If you are close to being ready you may want to activate your account, put yourself on an extended test mode, and start the clock ticking on your free trial. There are things you can do such as email notification with a fully active account that you can't even see with an inactive test account.

Ah, that means, I have more flexibility in the full account. I will try 1 more month with experiments until I get really comfortable with the system. I also noticed that I need to order window contacts so I can enable night mode. I spoke to my friend who is with ADT and he explained to me what the night mode does.

Instead of talking to your friend with ADT, you might want to read the M1 manual and it will clearly explain to you. There may be a difference in how ADT system is setup compare to M1 especially STAY INSTANT, NIGHT, NIGHT INSTANT, VACATION MODE

tuantu said:
Instead of talking to your friend with ADT, you might want to read the M1 manual and it will clearly explain to you. There may be a difference in how ADT system is setup compare to M1 especially STAY INSTANT, NIGHT, NIGHT INSTANT, VACATION MODE
Yep, I will do that. But actually, I just asked how his system was configured because I was curious. I did not mean, I was asking help from him. I remember he told me that police came over.

tuantu said:
Neil

Answer to your question #1 is probably has to do with your Output 2 setup.
Answer to your question #2 is fine. You can change the setting for periodic test under the menu Communicator, System RC.
Ok, from the RP, my output 2 in Globals(G26-G28) is setup as Voltage out. I also have 2.2k ohms connected to output 2.

From the Keypad, I went to 1-View/Control then 3-Outputs. When I selected Output #2, it was set to OFF. Show I change it to ON?

Use your RP to make changes it is so much easier. There are a few things you have to program from keypad but this is not one of them (Communicator)

tuantu said:
Use your RP to make changes it is so much easier. There are a few things you have to program from keypad but this is not one of them (Communicator)
Or is the reason why I'm getting that kind of event due to output2 configured as Voltage out and not Siren Output? From what I understand, if you don't have a siren and only resistor is connected, you should configure it as voltage out. What I was trying to get rid of what the Siren2 failure in NextAlarm which I thought can be configured in M1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Back