TOP OF CAN
This is where the ELK was located
old%20top.jpg

EXPANDERS
old%20expanders.jpg

POWER CAN
power%20can.jpg

Drumroll please!

Hey, the new one looks awesome! It is very clean looking, in fact it could not be any better, heck, its invisible.

sorry, internet troubles started. that had to come first ...

90 hours later!!!!

COVER CLOSED
Cover%20Closed.jpg

COVER OPEN
Cover%20open.jpg

FAN IN COVER
Fan%20In%20Cover.jpg

FAN MOUNT IN COVER
Fan%20Mount.jpg

Looks good but where are all the other devices that was in the old picture? Did you segregate the Omni to another panel? If you kept the other Elk products in the mix, did you relocate them?

Smoked glass looks classy is it an On-q door?

Also noticed the Nuvo Grand Concerto keypad, have you integrated that with the Elk?

Details, details...

Looks good but where are all the other devices that was in the old picture? Did you segregate the Omni to another panel? If you kept the other Elk products in the mix, did you relocate them?

Smoked glass looks classy is it an On-q door?

Also noticed the Nuvo Grand Concerto keypad, have you integrated that with the Elk?

Details, details...

The other devices:

Relay boards: used to switch the inputs from the ELK to the HAI, took it all out

OmniPro II: being put in another can by Leviton to showcase their products

Serial Expanders: stacked on top of each other

Rat's nest of wire: run with 22/2

The smoked glass door is the Channel Vision Designer door, most people dont pay much attention to it until it is actually seen ...

The Grand Concerto is integrated with CQC, the ELK is not capable of controlling NuVo yet. I wish tho ... [nudging spanky] :blink:

Keep 'em comming!

edit: forgot serial expanders

That was the old GE CADDX reciever, we are now using the ELK-M1XRF2G, but it is located remotely. i will post photos of that remote enclosure in a few weeks when i have had a chance to clean it all up.

Very nice. I was not aware it could look that clean...

For the elk, did you use two of these and cut them?

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php...=107&page=1

It looks like you are using a wire channel between the elk and the expanders, can you comment on which one you used?

I've had a new can (Elk) waiting to be worked on and to clean things up (along with a long list of HA tasks that seem to add much easier than they are removed from the list) and this looks like the ideal. Of course getting the time to do it is another...

Very nice. I was not aware it could look that clean...

>>Thanks, I appreciate it!

For the elk, did you use two of these and cut them?

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php...=107&page=1

>>That is what was used, but the only modification i had to do was adding a bracket to hold the two together.

It looks like you are using a wire channel between the elk and the expanders, can you comment on which one you used?

>>Home Depot brand, it is 1" wide, and half an inch tall. I like it, it fits under most of the adapter plates really well.

I've had a new can (Elk) waiting to be worked on and to clean things up (along with a long list of HA tasks that seem to add much easier than they are removed from the list) and this looks like the ideal. Of course getting the time to do it is another...

>>I know what you mean, I pretty much lived at the office the entire time i was working on it. I only went home for about six hours, four of which were for sleep ... :D

Brandon, it looks like the smoked door is convex. Is this entirely aesthetic, or did u need more depth to accommodate the wiring channels and standoff plates?

Personally, I like the old version better. I would've put all that time into adding some new devices or taking a vacation. I don't see any functional difference with the plastic door. There's really nothing to see anyway, if you care to, just open the door.

gracevich - I think there is a fan in the top of the door and venting on the bottom of the door. So the convex shape of the door allows better air flow. If the door was flush, there wouldn't be any airflow.

ckindt - understand that this is a display in Automated Outlet's retail store. So having a view of the inside is pretty important. In an actual installation, I agree that having a see through door isn't really adding anything.

gracevich - I think there is a fan in the top of the door and venting on the bottom of the door. So the convex shape of the door allows better air flow. If the door was flush, there wouldn't be any airflow.

ckindt - understand that this is a display in Automated Outlet's retail store. So having a view of the inside is pretty important. In an actual installation, I agree that having a see through door isn't really adding anything.

I get it - bait and switch. How many end-user installations really look like that? Moreover, it's not even practical if you need to add or modify something in the system.

I get it - bait and switch. How many end-user installations really look like that? Moreover, it's not even practical if you need to add or modify something in the system.
I agree. I bet those wires don't even connect to anything. The real system is a rats nest hidden away in a broom closet. ;)

The first picture was definitely a better representation of a real system. Even then it was a pretty tidy install.

Back