Fujitsu 510

I picked up the Sandisk 128Meg flash card and PCMCIA adaptor card last night. I was able to offload the drivers onto the flash card and into the 510. Fortunately, my wireless card had drivers for Windows 95 (can you believe it???)

Well, after some tweaking, the Fujitsu now is on the network. I can browse the web (slooow) and see the other PC's on the network.

Thanks!

Now, the new problem. Nearly every web page I visit gives me the following similar error:

Microsoft JScript compilation error

In frame: msn_msncomv9

[Line: 11] Syntax error

blah blah...

This error was seen when I was loading www.msn.com

Is this because the Internet Explorer is not completely up to date? Do I have any chance of updating software this old? Should I consider upgrading to Windows 98E, which I still have a copy of?

Only opening one page on the Fujitsu is really slow, including my Homeseer local web page - is this to be expected or can I expect some improvements with some tweaks?

When I format the CF card to move files back and forth between XP and 95, should or format it as FAT or FAT32?

Thanks

Rather than loading Internet Explorer 5.5, what about a program like Opera or Firefox? Would they fun faster on the 510? I see that you now have to pay for Opera but Firefox is freeware.

Any suggestions?

I would stick with IE, which is much faster as it is part of the OS. Firefox will be slower than IE on slow machines (I tested this myself).

Argh!

For whatever reason, my Fujitsu is no longer recognizing my CF card. It was reading it the other day when I first got it, but since using it (the CF card) to flash my Audrey, it is a no-go.

Crazy...

Jim

jwilson56 said:
You need to upgrade to a newer version of IE. I think you can goto 5.5 for Win95.
Any idea where I can get a good download of Internet Explorer 5.5? The ones that I have been able to download have checksum problems when extracting.

Thanks

Funny you should ask, I just found an old backup CD last night which contained a directory named MSIE5.5, so I assume these are the install files. If you still need them, let me know and I will verify these files and upload them if they are the real deal.

Back