Fusion Brain Digital input/output device

12bit resolution for their analog stuff, and looks like it's easy to support as well. Much better suited for HA imo, eventho I would go with the Fusion product for CarPC's.

12bit resolution for their analog stuff, and looks like it's easy to support as well. Much better suited for HA imo, eventho I would go with the Fusion product for CarPC's.

I personally, am not gonna be quick to say that. The "Weed Killer Site" :p has 3 different boards. One digital in/out, one strictly analog in, and one for analog out. The fusion board, supports digital/analog in and out. Of course this depends on the number of ins and outs you need.

No analog out on the Fusion, but the analog-in and digital I/O for the Weeder version would be $130 (versus $50).

No analog out on the Fusion, but the analog-in and digital I/O for the Weeder version would be $130 (versus $50).

Just my stupidity, but what would analog out be good for? Digital and Analog in to read different devices makes sense to me, but I just do not know what analog out would be used for.....

Just my stupidity, but what would analog out be good for? Digital and Analog in to read different devices makes sense to me, but I just do not know what analog out would be used for.....
Not sure in this case, but analog out is usually used for controlling say proportional valves for pressure/flow control, items like that. Some control sensors that can make adjustments for their performance (i.e. not just an on or off) require say a 0 to 10 volt signal that will cause a proportional control option to occur.

Here is an RS232 commercial version at a similar price point. www.weedertech.com
MainLobby now has drivers for the digital and analog units including full database support.

Looks like you can gang these Weeder boards for a lot of cheap input... does MainLobby support using multiple units?

I am currently using the Weeder boards. There is Homeseer plugin available by a user (free) Barry Gordon. Here is a snipit from the docs.

"This plug in handles the Weeder line of IO modules. Only two module types are handled at the current time, the Relay module and the Digital IO module set up for digital input only. This plug-in is written for Homeseer 2.1. It is in full time production use at my home.

All support or feature questions should be directed to me at [email protected]."

I know that he has recently added support for a 3rd board, I just don't remember which one (getting old :p )

The plugin also has a speech proxy for use with the relay module that is available from Weeder Tech.

Yes, MainLobby supports multiple WeedTech units. There is also an integration script with "MLDatabase" to capture the Weedtech data and allow for things like "how long has that device been on?" type querys.

Here is a pic of it in action:
geomonitor_503.jpg

That pic also displays using 1-Wire derived device values as well.

I am currently using the Weeder boards. There is Homeseer plugin available by a user (free) Barry Gordon. Here is a snipit from the docs.

"This plug in handles the Weeder line of IO modules. Only two module types are handled at the current time, the Relay module and the Digital IO module set up for digital input only. This plug-in is written for Homeseer 2.1. It is in full time production use at my home.

All support or feature questions should be directed to me at [email protected]."

I know that he has recently added support for a 3rd board, I just don't remember which one (getting old ;) )

The plugin also has a speech proxy for use with the relay module that is available from Weeder Tech.

So a Hometroller + some weeder boards + way2call + RCS hub (for thermostats) is starting to look a lot like a Stargate equivalent. Use MainLobby instead of Homerunner, Elk M1 instead of Caddx nx8e..... I'm starting to think all the pieces to this puzzle have been located.

David;

Part of the problems I was having with MainLobby was the CPU useage would skyrocket based on the flash icons displayed in my scene. I have read where this has been improved.

Would you mind posting a screen shot of your CPU/Memory useage with that scene running (i.e. screen shot will show scene with this info)?

Thanks,

BSR

Back