Getting a true 240 FPS from your eBay card

Hey everyone, i like the discussion in this room. I have had the same problems with kodicom and everything. You need permissions and that is where video insight works good. I have been an authorized reseller of video insight for about 3 years now. i will tell you there stuff is awsome, but (and there is always a but) their software is a bitch to setup, it currupts easy and it is expensive. once it works it is a sweet system. that is where we have set out to create the ultimate surveillance software. www.execuvid.com check it out here is a demo too http://71.233.24.157/ our software is super flexable and we also support analog cards intergrated with all of the biggest name network cameras in one software. you can edit your html pages anyway you want and we can even add newer cams. please excuse the website because we are still working on it. if you have any questions feel free to call me at 508-641-4702. we have everything you will need oh yeah i might even have a copy of the kodicom 4.13 if ya email me i should be able to dig it up for ya. ps the simple page rereshment works like just jpegs streamed and refreshed and you can make the frames faster or slower. ttyl

Running Diginet Site and Center v.4.11 I can get every thing to work except the remote backup function(s). I have all of the ports (specifically the default TCP/IP port 8089 for the Backup server program) opened on all routers between the site and center software PC's.

Backup of the "search" software seems to essentially trigger a "backup" from the Site computer to the K_Remote Backup server program that auto-launches on the Center PC anytime the Center software is loaded. The problem is that I can never get the files transfers to start.

If, however, I am on running Center on the local LAN of the computer running the Site program the "backup" features work perfectly.

I know COX blocks port 80,25 and a few others but nowhere does the Diginet program show it uses those ports. I know the backup TCP/IP port #'s can be changed and must match on both the Site and Center machines, and I have tried moving the port number all over on both, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

It seems to be an issue with (the inability to perfrom) NAT traversal. The Site software appears to be "remembering" the local ip of the K-Remote backup server's LOCAL IP which is behind a router and thus not routable.

Does anyone have the latest version of K-Remote backup server to see if it is fixed?

Will do more testing...

Also I cannot seem to get fast user switching to work on XP Professional. When the XP "user" running Diginet 4.11 is "fast switched" it always causes the Diginet Site software to die w/ an XP "fatal error".

There is no registry VALUE entry of: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon gina.dll as an earlier post referenced replacing with the original MS msgina.dll. Can anyone else fast-user-switch without killing the Diginet SITE software?

With the Connexant hardware-based video compression working so well, and the box's CPU idling @ 2%, it sure seems like a waste of a PC to have Diginet be the only thing running on the PC.

Hey. I am new to this site. Can you email a link to the software and client. I found one version of the software and when I minimized the software using ctrl-alt-shft-f4 I saw two unknown programs called watchdoc and intellipdatesite running.

When I searched for the programs on the net I found very limited information. I hope some people are not packaging spyware and other controlling softeware to compromise our systems. Ever heard of those programs? Why do you need the apache file server running as well if you are connecting via the client software. Does the apache web server allow connetivity through the ip and port address through your browser?

Somebody email me a link to what I need.

Thanks.
:(

Hey,

I bought two 'kodicom' 8800 off ebay and found out that they were pirated ;)
Would anyone be able to guide me through setup? I have site and center v4.13 with disc.
I have already partitioned my 240gb hdd into 4gb and the rest....
I don't know whether I should be installing norton antivirus, etc. as this is meant to be a DVR.

Regards

watchdoc and intelliupdatesite are a part of the Diginet Site install. Diginet Site is designed to be used as standalone application on a dedicated PC, but many like myself, use the same PC for additional applications.

I have my Home Automation software (HAL2000 and Main Lobby Server) also running on the same PC. As the display to this PC is in my bedroom, I also watch an occasional DVD or stream TV to it.

With version 4.11, it is still easy to open other applications via either a remote control or the keyboard (using the Windows key).

Apache Web Server installs with the Site software for access via WebDVR, which is how I view my cameras from any of my Mail Lobby Tablet pc's.

When you install the software, you do need a dedicated partition to record the video to. I use a separate 250 GB HD which gives me about 1 week of recording at the highest resolution.

And I like to refer to them as "clone" cards, not the "p" word.

Thanks,

I found that 4 gb was too small so I reinstalled xp pro again and made it 8gb...

However I tried it last night and I feel my clone might be a dud!
I tested two cameras (it was night) and on the sequential switcher with tv you can see things with colour because it has a low lux but when on diginet site it was BLACK and WHITE, does this mean that the seller sent me a NTSC card instead of my regions PAL??

Also, I could not view in the 9 divsion mode. My specs are as follows:

IBM netvista
Celeron 1.7Ghz designed for win xp
512 DDR
250 gb hdd (although in rerality it's only 240, what a rip)
Integrated intel extreme graphics 64mb

Do I need an ATI video card or more ram? I only have 2 ramslots and they are used; I also require a low profile agp bracket. If I do need a card, would you be able to recommend me the cheapest one as it is purely a DVR.

I am located in New Zealand. Thanks for all of your help!

Regards,

Hendrick

Hi,

I reformatted again and I can view the images with the integrated graphics :), however, when left overnight and after I returned to it in the morning, the images were black although they still recorded... I later turned off the automatic system restart timer and it has not happened since.

About the .AVI backup, why is the quality so bad? I even get some artifacting in it... Do I need to download an updated compression codec (current one is the default "Microsoft Video 1")

Regards,

Hendrick

A simple question.

How the hell do I view the individual images of the backups?!!!!

All is I have is 00000001.box, 00000001.bix, ksinfo.kif in a folder. How do I view individual images?!?! The AVI quality is crap and is only 320X240 :p

Also, the backup to floppy is grayed out and there is no A drive in the pull down. :p

Hi, this looks like the only place to discuss these damn dvr cards!!!

I have had one up and running on a old p3 700Mhz for about 2-3 years without any problem, but recently the old pc started to go down hlll (probably due to the fact its old and on 24 hours a day!!) so i deceided to buy a new tower, this is when the problems arised...

I have used the software i got with the card and i think about every other software / drivers that have been suggested but i cant get rid of the "kodicom security driver was not found" line!! even though they are installed!!

Has anyone got any suggestions or any other software that may work with this card?
This new pc is running xp home but i installed pro and still got the error, there are no firewalls running or any other programs for that as its just out of the box, any help would be aprieciated...

networked said:
I have used the software i got with the card and i think about every other software / drivers that have been suggested but i cant get rid of the "kodicom security driver was not found" line!! even though they are installed!!
I ran into the same situation here and had lost my original CD, so I downloaded another copy and it did NOT have the drivers anywhere on it.

I found some seperate drivers on a Russian website. Sorry I did not have the link. But the file you need is called SDDRV.SYS and it also comes with a SDDRIVER_2K.INF file.

Sorry I can't help with the link right now, but at least you know what to look for. When you get those files, you update the device drivers like any other device...

Vaughn

Thanks for the reply,
I Have the original disk and software including the drivers but it still wont work.

If i check the loaded drivers in system it clearly states that the version of the drivers is 9.0.18 but for some bizzare reason the software thinks otherwise!!

I have tried other drivers and the same happens so now im totally lost!!
Looks like the software / hardware doesnt support newer pc's :p

just to add, ive installed the card and software into my athlon 64 2400 with phoenix bios and on-board ati and it works perfect!!!

So much for athlons not supported?
Even more confused now!

Back