Getting a true 240 FPS from your eBay card

jeffx said:
If you use the right codec and software with your ebay 8-port capture card, you can easily get a true 240 frames per second without taxing your processor.
I hope this is the right topic to post in but if there's a better place, please direct me. I'm new to the forum and to dvrs.
I purchased a 16 input card on ebay (4 conexant chips) and it came with digitech software which I have at least partially set up. It seems to be recording with motion detection but I'm having trouble with playback. In the search screen, after selecting a camera and time, should I be able to see video when I press the play button icon?

Also has anyone tried Web Cam Looker with this type of card? I suppose I will have to find a different driver to use such a program?

Not true I have figured it out. and did some research and testing.

The error "Direct Overary Init Error....." is from a corrupt hard drive conditioning it does. "just redo conditioning" Recommend Uninstalling Format drive then reinstall.
Make sure your card is plunged in well to pci slot and cable is on tight.

Also if you get Com errors "init port error" just go into setup Control card Port under system setup tab and set to UNUSED PORT
I just do both Control card port and KWD-102 Port. Unless you use them just set them to UNUSED PORT
If you get a cant open port error turn PTZ PORT to com2 and that fixes it most of the time.

The no Video or black in main window or Frozen video.
That has to due with The Video card you use. Also can cause "Direct Overary Init Error....." as well so the ATI video card is the KEY.

Basically I have tested this on lots of hardware and chipsets.
What I find is this.
What you need to make this software diginet or dvrnet and cloned kodicom card to work, I will explain below.

Motherboard Chipset does not matter or cpu I tested it on P4D, P4Cel, P4 core2duo's, it should work on amd as well "I did not test amd". All had different Motherboard Chipsets 845,865,680i, Nvidia nforce, Via. The Cpu is not taxed @ all due to the Kodicom Card doing all the Hardware compression. Some software Like Active web cam Uses 80+% cpu because it is using Software Compression not hardware compression.
"Note to use AWC or other Software you have to install Generic conexant Driver"

The biggest part here is
VIDEO CARD!!!!!
Must use a ATI card for Kodicom card to work!
Must be a radeon Class but not X series classes.
Not less than a ATI RADEON 7000
I am using a RADEON 1050 256meg works Great 640x480 30fps on each 8 cams.
A 9600 works well too.
It does not matter AGP or PCIE.
Just can not be a X seires card. and No lower than a Radeon 7000.
I did have slow refresh rate with a 9200 and lower.
So i do recommend a Ati Radeon 9550 or better

You may read some people say geforce works I have tired allot of Geforce cards None work. TnT to slow bad frame and 3dfx Banshee did not work for me.

So use a ATI Radeon 7000 or better "no Xseries"
Use any Motherboard Chipset. "not saying there is not one it wont work with but I have not found one"

This will Clear up your black or frozen Video and Overary errors.
Dont cheep out buy a 9550 or better and you will have no problems with full frame rates and quality settings.

This works on all Versions of Diginet and DVRnet Software,
Kodicom software.

Extra Info
Site software 4.11 works best with Clone can still do other things on pc in windows with 4.11 if you alt+tab around Or Ctrl+esc for start menu. To exit Site with out pc shutting down Use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F4 to close site software.
Higher Version work fine for most but It locks the pc down a bit more.

Links:
www.kitsparts.com/shop/download/dvr/Kmc411.zip
Dont Use Driver! in zip here just use the Kodicom Diginet 4.11 Site software. Driver is for another card not for Kodicom 880 \ A108.

www.kitsparts.com/shop/download/dvr/880%20%20416%20%20EN.zip
Zip Password: 12345
This is the Manuel & DVRNET software and DRIVER for kodicom 880
You can use this Driver and use the DVRnet Site software or use the Diginet site Software with this driver.

One other error I got once was a Security Driver error. I had it once and a reinstall seemed to fix it. always reboot before reinstall

I hope this Helps because I had hell googleing for the right answers to my problems and getting a Straight answer.

If this works for you and solves your problems. Please post back that It worked for you and put your System specs on this Thread.

Zedhed
zedhed88 at gmail. c o m

Search Keywords
Kodicom 4.11 4.13
Diginet site error
Dvrnet site error
"Direct Overary Init Error....."
"init port error"
Kodicom Clone
cant open port
Dvr880
Dvr a108
Kodicom 880
Kodicom software
Kodicom Driver

well the pc i couldnt get to work is running a ati xpress 200 and that wont work (security driver issues) but my pc is running the same graphics all be it a amd 64 and that works perfect?? old pc (which is still running!!) is running intel 82810E graphics perfect.. so im still confused! :D

well the pc i couldnt get to work is running a ati xpress 200 and that wont work (security driver issues) but my pc is running the same graphics all be it a amd 64 and that works perfect?? old pc (which is still running!!) is running intel 82810E graphics perfect.. so im still confused! :D

Well Like I said Some other Video cards Might work but I can tell you that ATI Radeon 7000 or better is what you know will work. But I am glad you posted what works for you so others know what Hardware Like onboard Videocards work etc.

Also If you are having a Security Driver issue you need to install a latter Security Driver version.
Allot of time a reinstall works make sure you delete all Directories after uninstall and reboot be for Reinstall.
This software requires Kodicom Security Driver 0.9.0018 or higher
so your version may be old or not installing Right. Try useing these Drivers and software.

Links:
www.kitsparts.com/shop/download/dvr/Kmc411.zip
Dont Use Driver! in zip here just use the Kodicom Diginet 4.11 Site software. Driver is for another card not for Kodicom 880 \ A108.

www.kitsparts.com/shop/download/dvr/880%20%20416%20%20EN.zip
Zip Password: 12345
This is the Manuel & DVRNET software and DRIVER for kodicom 880
You can use this Driver and use the DVRnet Site software or use the Diginet site Software with this driver.

Hope it Helps.

Hello all. I recently purchased this card, the KMC-8800 and the software that came with it was ok. It would freeze up every time I would remote to the server (which I would of preferred to do as the server is in a remote location with no screen nor mouse and keyboard).

It does record, but I cannot get the client software to work either. It does connect, but no camera show up, etc.

I was previously using Active Web Cam for my 4 port card, but now it wont see the new card. I looked into the BT drivers, but I am at a lost on how to implement them. I used the BT driver setup for my other card, which required to use BT Spy to capture the information on the card. But BT Spy will not work with this card, just an error saying something like cannot load BTxxx drivers.

When I tried Diginet, it would just freeze on the "Loading Graphic Driver". I would ctrl alt del and it would finally move off the screen and popup asking me what type of card, I would input 8. After that, it tells me it cannot find the driver, with the two errors saying cannot load/find capture card then the next error and it would shut down. Except after that it shuts down the whole PC.

From what I have seen, the Diginet software is far supieror to this Wolf software knockoff. But any ideas on what is going on here?

I know that the nvida graphics card might have something to do with the long loading. I have no problem on upgrading to an ATI - infact I was going to upgrade to one with a HDMI output to run to my TV. But thats not the biggest problem, it seems that the drivers are not being picked up.

I tried the drivers that came with the card as well as the drivers listed above. Note the drivers listed in the previous post (the second link) still requires the CD for that one win file.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Contact the guy who sold it to you, it is stolen software.

Hence why I am trying to use different software...

Like the Diginet that is linked here... But as stated, does not work.

If worse comes to worse I will just use zone minder. Linux is more stable anyways. But if anyone has any advice on the bt drivers for this, or the diginet problem, please let me know.

Stay away from Diginet, the card itself isn't stolen property just the Kodicom software.

http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video#AMCap

Drivers for most capture cards:
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

Here is a list of supported cards for these drivers:
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/supportedcards.html

More info on capture cards and stuff:
http://www.shrinkwrapvb.com/videocap.htm

http://www.go1984.com/Default.htm
http://www.gotchanow.com/
http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/watchdog.html
http://www.pysoft.com/

http://www.luxriot.com/

Alrighty! Thanks for the info! I thought the software that came with the card was a crappy knockoff with I first used it. Thank you for the info, now I can do some more research! ;)

Hi all,

I have recently rebuilt a new pc with the ATI Sapphire 2400 pro pci-express nothing special but it works well apart from my dvr. I have a kodicom card that works fine on my internal grapchics card but not with my ATI card pci-e i have used loads of different drivers but it just freezes on one image and is motionless.

Please could somebody help

Thanks

Hello,

Very thanks for help to all members, without all your posts i will never setup correctly my dvr card with kodicom software.
I have 8 CH 240fps High-Speed Video DVR card with 878A chip from ebay,and I'm using 5 cameras.My Pc is an old pentium III, 1000 with 256Mb of ram and ATI Radeon 9200 video card.
Diginet site and diginet center are working well, but i wont to use IP camera, that is connected to main switch and i cant found any software or how can i connect.
I have few USB cameras and i wont connect them the too.

Is there some software, or is better to use only cameras connected to dvr card?

I have found some new diginet software(client and center ), version 5.1.1110 and i'm asking if is o.k. for my card. I tried to install the software but i need some registration numbers, so i don't know.
Is possible to found some free open source software?

Best regards
Kikan

Hello,
I have found some new diginet software(client and center ), version 5.1.1110 and i'm asking if is o.k. for my card. I tried to install the software but i need some registration numbers, so i don't know.

Best regards
Kikan

Has anyone found a way to get the v5 software to work.... even an evaluation version would be handy.

FYI I have this running on a 4400R (clone) with 3 cameras so far on an AMD Duron 700, Win XP with an onboard 32M VGA card. Remote software is a bit clunky (has since stopped working ;) ) but sofar works well with low CPU utilisation.

Hello,

Best regards
Kikan

Has anyone found a way to get the v5 software to work.... even an evaluation version would be handy.

FYI I have this running on a 4400R (clone) with 3 cameras so far on an AMD Duron 700, Win XP with an onboard 32M VGA card. Remote software is a bit clunky (has since stopped working ;) ) but sofar works well with low CPU utilisation.

I have the same card & just found the Diginet 5.1 server software. The v5.1 client does work with the crappy diginet software that came with my card. It is way better than the included client, so the server must be much better. I will find a crack for it and let you know.

I have just got a dennard 2050wp dome cam given to me from our office after a system upgrade does anybody know how i can run this of my kodicom 8800 card and what are the pins for that are on the card.

Hi everyone,

I bought an 8 channel cloned kodicom dvr card on ebay. It came with diginet 4.11.

I'm wanting to upgrade so the latest 5.1 software, which I can buy from dvr-usa.com, but does anyone know if 5.1 will work with a cloned card?

Dila

Back