Gypsum Sensor

Spudbw

Eric

What is the optimum way to connect the gypsum sensor, via the moisture meter, with a cat 5 run of nearly 100 feet? Bury the moisture meter board with the gypsum sensor connected in a water-proof container near the gypsum sensor and run 100' of cat5 into the house or can I connect the gypsum sensor and cat5 in the yard and run the 100' of cat 5 to the moisture meter board in the house or another configuration?

Dennis

Eric

What is the optimum way to connect the gypsum sensor, via the moisture meter, with a cat 5 run of nearly 100 feet? Bury the moisture meter board with the gypsum sensor connected in a water-proof container near the gypsum sensor and run 100' of cat5 into the house or can I connect the gypsum sensor and cat5 in the yard and run the 100' of cat 5 to the moisture meter board in the house or another configuration?

Dennis

Dennis,

I would go with the first option of keeping the Moisture Meter board near the soil sensor. If you put really long leads on the soil sensor then it would change the signal enough to cause strange readings.

Eric

Eric

Dennis

Dennis,

I would go with the first option of keeping the Moisture Meter board near the soil sensor. If you put really long leads on the soil sensor then it would change the signal enough to cause strange readings.

Eric

Eric,

Thanks. The run of 100' would be OK?

Dennis

Back