H.A.I. WL3 and analog cameras!!

RHT

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade an HAI system which was WL2 to WL3. The issue that I have is the convesion of analog cameras to IP for use in WL3. I want to keep the existing analog cameras and put in (encoders/video servers) to convert each image to ip format. I thought this would be easy but HAI tech support offers no advice on how to do this or what parts are compatible.

They say they have only tested it on straight IP cameras and they have never considerd that someone may want to use analog cameras (like in my upgrade situation) IP cameras are not an option as they look like "ass" and this is a residence. The client definately wants to keep the existing cameras.

What I need is a video server that will take an image and put it on a web page. I do not have any experience with ip cameras so help!

RHT

Do you have this to test with?

nine1eight 857 ninety eighteen and we may both learn something.

WL3 is ready and waiting
Snaplink is ready and waiting
Snaplink Mobile is ready and waiting
H@me is ready and waiting

Thinking about this from a different angle...what I dont get is the software says it can view web traffic cams etc...If private access only is not an issue, why can't I just encode the camera video and serve them to basic web pages as is done with the traffic cams?

RHT

Thats all thats happening and further thats all most IP cameras are.

The issue is codec, quality, framerate, bandwidth and price. I'll add in function, quite simply you can get an Axis 4 channel streamer x2 and make this work.

It may be possible to just have your DVR do it so you get both DVR functionality at the same time as the streaming plus the option to stream higher quality feeds remotely if you ever needed to do so plus remote playback and you kinda pick the storage.

The issue is codec, quality, framerate, bandwidth and price. I'll add in function, quite simply you can get an Axis 4 channel streamer x2 and make this work.

It may be possible to just have your DVR do it so you get both DVR functionality at the same time as the streaming plus the option to stream higher quality feeds remotely if you ever needed to do so plus remote playback and you kinda pick the storage.

Thanks for the information, I contacted Axis and they have a basic feed already set up to test on:

http://207.242.7.113
login: salesdemo
pass: view

This is a basic webpage video feed with password protection. This is all I really need I will be testing the software against this video feed to see if it works. If all goes well I will get 2 of the axis 4 channel units.

Thanks Again,

RHT

Thanks for the information, I contacted Axis and they have a basic feed already set up to test on:

http://207.242.7.113
login: salesdemo
pass: view

This is a basic webpage video feed with password protection. This is all I really need I will be testing the software against this video feed to see if it works. If all goes well I will get 2 of the axis 4 channel units.

Thanks Again,

RHT

ARRG

When HAI marketted WL3 they put a big fat picture of the iphone on the material to let people know it will work with the iphone.

It seems that the ip cameras and video servers I am testing use java to serve video

Java does not run and will probably never run on iphones

I tried the axis server, but it is java based...grrr

RHT

ARRG

When HAI marketted WL3 they put a big fat picture of the iphone on the material to let people know it will work with the iphone.

It seems that the ip cameras and video servers I am testing use java to serve video

Java does not run and will probably never run on iphones

I tried the axis server, but it is java based...grrr

RHT

1. It is stupid that the HAI streamer isn't compatible.
2. Since I actually did some reseach expecting a call, the system transcodes to an iphone acceptable format. At least thats that the documentation claims.
3. That Axis most likely will do it and the dealer you went to doesn't know their product very well.

Back