HAI 45A00-1 wireless range?

Where do i look to see if there has been supervisory errors or disconnects? 

On PCA and the LED display on the wireless reciever.

Will this show in the event log?

no

I would reconfigure the transmitter first.  What you are seeing is incorrect.  Do you have a hot spare or can you just reset the device?

It's been so many years here that I forgot what I did to configure the 42A00-2 on one of two panels (purchased two 42A00-1's and one 42A00-2 and a smaller GE-Interlogix one).  I installed it in case I would need it and only configured it for one device many years ago. 

wdeertz said:
Ano, thanks for the reply.  Yes I should have mentioned the receiver is properly showing the motion zone being tripped on its LED but PCA is not showing the zone being tripped.  In other words PCA continues to show zone status/current as "secure" even when the zone is tripped (but the tripped zone is causing lights to be turned on so I know the board is receiving the signal from the Interlogix receiver).  According to the 42A001 documention the OP2 console should show "NOT RDY", "TRBL NOW" and "HAD TRBL" when the zone has been tripped, back cover removed, supervisory failure or low battery. 

Any idea why it continually shows SECURE when the zone is tripped?  When I remove the back cover PCA shows "NOT READY" however the funny thing is if I remove the motion detector batteries (while back cover is on) PCA continues to show "SECURE" rather than "HAD TROUBLE".  Maybe I have a bad ITI motion detector.

Where do i look to see if there has been supervisory errors or disconnects?  Will this show in the event log?
You do know that motion detectors only show "not ready" for a few seconds, and will then go back to secure, right? Then they turn off for several minutes to save power. If its operating your light, then its working.  Wireless sensors don't continuously detect motion like wired sensors do. If you need that capability you need a wired sensor.

Disconnecting batteries on a sensor won't cause an immediate indication. Wireless sensors are only one-way, not two-way and don't transmit they have no power, obviously. After several hours you will get a supervision error if you have that monitored and turned on. (wireless sensors don't have to be supervised, like a keypad wouldn't be.)

If its turning on your light and you don't receive a supervision alarm, then its doing everything a wireless motion detector should.  Not a whole lot more to see.

Thanks Ano/Pete for the feedback.  I went back and checked all my connections and something must have been loose as after retrying I now get PC Access to temporarily show NOT READY when triggered as described by Ano.   I was under the impression the motion sensor would continue to show NOT READY if there was continual motion but Ano's explanation cleared this up for me. 

The Interlogix receiver was receiving a signal from my garage two floors below where the receiver was located but since I couldn't verify the signal strength (didn't want to risk 3am false alarms) I decided to keep the HAI receiver for the garage and just use the newly purchased Interlogix receiver for my main living area.  Kudos to Home Controls as they allowed me to return all my HAI motion sensors and 1 HAI receiver despite it being about a year since purchase.  I think I've beaten this topic to a pulp and can consider it closed.  Never did figure out why the 433Mhz HAI receiver didn't work but suffice to say I should have just went with the Interlogix from the beginning.

Next project installing an auto shutoff Watercop.

Hey this is a very helpful thread.  I'm about to put in a GE version given more options for sensors (I've heard).  But something 'Ano' said that confused me.  Do these motion sensors (wireless) trigger on motion only once in several minutes?  Sounds like they trigger then go to sleep.  I want this at my front step to trigger when motion happens even if there are multiple motion triggers inside of a minute.  I don't need constant but do need more often then every couple of minutes.

Can someone elaborate please?

Kelly

kjsanders86 said:
Hey this is a very helpful thread.  I'm about to put in a GE version given more options for sensors (I've heard).  But something 'Ano' said that confused me.  Do these motion sensors (wireless) trigger on motion only once in several minutes?  Sounds like they trigger then go to sleep.  I want this at my front step to trigger when motion happens even if there are multiple motion triggers inside of a minute.  I don't need constant but do need more often then every couple of minutes.

Can someone elaborate please?

Kelly

Yes, they do lockout for a time to preserve battery life.  Transmitting a signal to the panel requires a fair amount of power and if the motion detector triggers frequently, that can significantly reduce the time the battery will last.  You're going to find that is true of most wireless motion detectors.

Thanks for the clarification.  I wonder where I could find the specs on the timing.  Be good to know.

I have OPII and Homeseer (just starting this move from Premise) so could use Zwave motion but haven't check that out much yet.  any experience with outdoor battery zwave?

Thanks,

@Kelly

Welcome to Cocoontech. 

Here have X10, UPB, Z-Wave and Zigbee controllers connection to my OmniPro 2.  You cannot utilize wireless Z-Wave/Zigbee sensors today with the OmniPro 2.  Both the Zigbee and Z-Wave controllers are configure to only contol lighting and thermostats and door locks.  That is it. My panel is mostly wired here and did purchase the two types of HAI wireless devices for my panel.  I tested one with one device to work fine.   I would stick to the Leviton HAI / Omnipro / GE (or whatever) alarm wireless sensors for any of this stuff.  I am impressed with the Zigbee sensors I have been playing with but still personally prefer a wired security / alarm configuration over any wireless; but that is me.

I do want to keep the OP2 panel in the security world with no wireless anyhow.  I have serially controlled HAI Keypads and Consoles and network controlled consoles.  I also run OmniPro touch software on embedded wintel tablets.  I never touch the Omnistat2 thermostat and have been playing with an HSTouch screen for the thermostat.  That said it will most likely be utilized to watch status rather than control it.  I am testing it and it does work.

Homeseer today talks to the OP2 panel, Z-Wave, UPB and X10.  It interacts with the OmniPro 2 panel but doesn't manage any security stuff with it.  The sensors though do talk to HS3 and do other stuff. 

Hope you all had a good holiday!

I'm purchasing the 42A00 for the OPII and to leverage status through to HS3.  I'm looking for a good wireless outdoor motion detector (actually 3) to monitor driveway, front walk, side gate... and a mag switch transmitter for mailbox.

Anyone have good experience with  outdoor sensors, reduced false triggering, and low temp capability?

Also, HS3 OPII plugin stopped working.  I'm troubleshooting...

Here have the 45A00-1 (x2) and the 42A00-2 and a GE Wireless transceiver.

Original purpose of installation was for play in case I didn't wire up stuff.

Only tested a wireless FOB with the devices mounted in the attic of a two story home and both worked fine with the FOB inside and outside of the home.

Leviton HAI 45A00-1

4500A-1.jpg

• All Omni Wireless security products require the use of this 64 Zone Wireless Receiver
  • Allows for up to 64 unique wireless security transmitters to report information to your automation system, including glass break, motion, driveway sensors, and door/window contacts
  • 433 MHz for use in USA and international installations
  • This receiver is equipped with RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) to help an installer determine if transmitters will work where they are placed
  • Leviton Part Number: SY450
  • 64 Zone Wireless Receiver

Leviton HAI 42A00-2

4200A-2.jpg

• Compatible with all 319.5 MHz GE Security (a.k.a. ITI or Interlogix) and Caddx (crystal or SAW) Learn ModeTM 63-bit wireless transmitters
  • This receiver is not compatible with 80-bit wireless transmitters
  • Allows up to 64 unique wireless transmitters to report information to a Leviton Omni or Lumina automation system
  • Leviton Part Number: SY422
  • Wireless Receiver for GE InterLogix.

Outdoors here used Optex wired sensors plus other wired things.

Did the Homeseer plugin just disconnect from your OP2 panel?  Try disabling and re-enabling the plugin.

Post the log entries here or on the Homeseer forum under Rob's Omni Plugin section here:

====> HAI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI Panel Plug-in

Thanks.  I've used the Optex dual beam for several years and they false trigger a bunch.  So much that wife asked me to write code to a button to stop the console beeping for up to 4 hours... I can't blame her.  I just want to get to something much more dependable.  Ideas? 

If the  HS plugin stops again I'll ping for help on the HS board.

Thanks,

kjsanders86 said:
Thanks Ano.  I'll track them down.  As I mentioned the dual beam ones I've used false trigger a bunch.
Expecting no false triggers outside with a passive IR sensor is unrealistic. They also make IR beam sensors which are pretty immune to false triggers, but they definitely take more work to install.

I have the beam ones now. Seems odd to me that the ones I have can trigger 20-30 times over the course of an hour with nothing there (I'm standing 10ft away watching) then work fine for a week.  Might be voltage dips but I'm at 22.3v with an operating range of 18v - 32v. 

Maybe a combo IR/Ultrasonic unit would have better discrimination. 

Curious relating to Homeseer if you are running the Zee 2 software on an RPi2 or an RPi3, Wheezy or Jessie, wireless or wired.

Back