HAI and RTI

rs691919

Hello!  I've had an Omni IIe for quite a while now and was using iRule to control it.  With iRule going defunct, I decided to change my system to RTI and let my installer handle the technical aspects.  One thing we've noticed is that RTI cannot recognize state of the UPB links (which is apparently specified in the driver notes).  However, does anyone know whether RTI can recognize the HAI flag states?  That way, I could set a flag in HAI for every light and then RTI would know the flag is on.  Then my installer could write language to turn lights on or off based on the HAI flag state.  

If RTI does not recognize HAI flags, is there any work around such that the Omni can communicate with the RTI processor (XP8) to tell it when the lights are on or off?

You could integrate some other software that works with UPB. Maybe OpenHAB or Home Assistant.  Have them be the "RTI driver" and pass the UPB updates and statuses back and forth. 

I have UPB and RTI and use Home Assistant as my main brain. I have never tried integrating the UPB into RTI specifically for lighting controls. I use the wall switches and Alexa for lighting controls and RTI for just the Cinema.  The Cinema scripts in turn activate UPB scenes but there aren't specific lights you can control with my RTI.

I'd be interested what you end up doing. It would be nice to control lights with my RTI but because I don't want RTI to be my hub I know the integration is going to be a bit of a project so I have never made the attempt. 

bbrendon said:
You could integrate some other software that works with UPB. Maybe OpenHAB or Home Assistant.  Have them be the "RTI driver" and pass the UPB updates and statuses back and forth. 

I have UPB and RTI and use Home Assistant as my main brain. I have never tried integrating the UPB into RTI specifically for lighting controls. I use the wall switches and Alexa for lighting controls and RTI for just the Cinema.  The Cinema scripts in turn activate UPB scenes but there aren't specific lights you can control with my RTI.

I'd be interested what you end up doing. It would be nice to control lights with my RTI but because I don't want RTI to be my hub I know the integration is going to be a bit of a project so I have never made the attempt. 

Thanks for the reply!  Well, apparently I was wrong and RTI is supposed to be able to recognize the light (and flag) status of HAI, as they are actually HLC links.  But for reasons that we do not know, HAI and RTI are not playing nice.  This is across the board with all feedback from the HAI panel -- thermostats, alarm, and lights/flags.  My installer is going to contact RTI and see if they have a solution. Curiously, the iRule setup that I have still controls the HAI panel perfectly, so I can still use that.  However, it would be nice to have everything under one roof so to speak.  Plus, there are some HAI automation sequences that I would like him to add to RTI in my media room -- have been able to do that easily with iRule. 

Back