Haiku HAI and the iPAD

I'm on 4.2.10 (Verizon iPhone 4) and whatever the latest Haiku is. Thanks

We found the bug and the next update will correct it. We will be submitting the fix to Apple today.

Update: Fix already submitted as 2.81. We recommend others don't update until 2.81 becomes available as there is a chance you will not be able to use Haiku until the update is out.

We found the bug and the next update will correct it. We will be submitting the fix to Apple today.

Update: Fix already submitted as 2.81. We recommend others don't update until 2.81 becomes available as there is a chance you will not be able to use Haiku until the update is out.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Using v2.8 on iPad and iPhone.

Since update none of the Flags are displayed, I have cleared cache, re-loaded etc, No data is now displayed on that page.

Using v2.8 on iPad and iPhone.

Since update none of the Flags are displayed, I have cleared cache, re-loaded etc, No data is now displayed on that page.

That's strange. Are you sure you have flags that are *named* on your system?

I updated to the new version of Haiku tonight, and unfortunately it's still crashing on my Verizon iPhone and Wifi-only iPad (both with latest iOS versions). Any ideas?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling using the device (not iTunes). I think that should fix it. Let me know if that works or not. Thanks.

That worked, but I lost all customizations (many names, favorites, etc). Not a great update.

Sorry about this. Once the 2.8 version was run the data was modified in such a way that creates a crash :( It is very tough to debug this issue because we don't have access to a device with the issue, so we could not thus far create a workaround fix to correct the data. I wish Apple would give us more ways to debug our software when it crashes on a customer's device...

As a feature request for you, Haiku should have away to backup it's customizations somehow, even better would be a way to sync them across devices over wifi. I have 4 iOS devices (2 iphones, 2 ipads) and keeping settings and customization's up to date across them is a pain.

With that a delete and re-install one could recover the settings.

On another note the removal of message popups is great, but I seem to have messages that are showed with no beep, making the chime. I think it occurs when the message was shown while not logged in and and then logging in later plays the chime regardless of no beep. Honestly I think it's incorrect to play the chime at all if the message was shown while not logged in, only if the message was just shown should it chime if shown with beep.

We are currently testing/developing multiple controller support which is the #1 requested feature. If anyone would be willing to provide access to a controller via the Internet for testing please PM me. We would be happy to give you a free copy of Haiku in exchange (if you don't already have it)!

I am willing to provide access to my panel but i still want to get a free copy of haiku even if i have one already

Sure, no problem. We can give you a free copy, but it would only make sense if you use it with another iTunes account. Thanks!

I am willing to provide access to my panel but i still want to get a free copy of haiku even if i have one already
Huh? You sound like a greedy son of a gun. Even if you aren't, the way you write, you sound like...well, you don't sound pleasant.

Lupinglade, I would be happy to let you have access to my system (pm me for IP address and what not) and I don't need anything in return. So far, I'm responsible for three purchases with another contract being signed on Thursday and two more bids out with Haiku as the primary interface (Bitwise Controls will be handling the AV portions). In other words, Haiku is making me money and I thank you.

Huh? You sound like a greedy son of a gun. Even if you aren't, the way you write, you sound like...well, you don't sound pleasant.

Sorry Anthonyz but that free copy is not for me. I have WL3 and Haiku already so I don't need another one :D

Back