HAI announces wireless recessed door sensors

electron

Administrator
Staff member
HAI, the leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, is expanding its Wireless Security Product line to include three new products; recessed door, vanishing, and mini door and window transmitters. The announcement was made at the International Security Conference being held this week in Las Vegas, Nevada. All three products will be shipping in the second quarter of 2006 and work with HAI's 64 Zone Wireless Receiver (part number 45A00-1).

The 56A00-1 Wireless Recessed Door Transmitter is used for protection of doors and windows in installations where the transmitter and magnet must be totally hidden. The supervised transmitter and contact are concealed within the door or window frame for virtual transparency.

The 58A00-1 Mini Door/Window Transmitter is a miniature (1.7 inch high x 1 inch wide x .65 inches deep) supervised wireless transmitter that comes with a case tamper switch, wall tamper switch, and a replaceable Lithium battery. The 58A00-1 is a single zone miniature version of the existing 46A00-1 Three Zone Door/Window transmitter with mercury tilt switch for garage doors.

The 57A00-1 Vanishing Door/Window Transmitter is a 3/16 inch thin supervised wireless transmitter with beveled edges that vanishes into any décor.

Read the rest of this press release

HAI products are sold through a worldwide network of Distributors and installed by over 1000 trained dealers. For more information on HAI's Wireless Security products or other award winning products, please visit www.homeauto.com or call (800) 229-7256.

For a high resolution picture of this product, please follow this link http://www.homeauto.com/mediacenter/haipri...age=56A00-1.tif

About HAI: HAI is a privately held manufacturer of integrated automation and security products for residential and commercial use based in New Orleans, LA. Incorporated in 1985, HAI has developed a full line of award-winning automation products, including automation controllers, communicating programmable thermostats, smart light switches, and software that allows access and control of an automation system over the Internet. All products are sold through HAI's worldwide network of Distribution Partners and installed by over 1000 trained dealers.

I'm no expert on this, but from what I can tell, are they adding any functionality beyond what is currently offered by the Caddx line of wireless sensors? I'm wondering what value they are adding. I guess they are trying to capture the sale of wireless sensors for HAI systems.

Hi Mike;

Doesn't this model fit entirely inside the door jam/framework? If so I think it would improve the WAF a lot (and who can put a price on that ;) )!

I don't question the design at all, but there is a Caddx version that does this already, and from all indications caddx has a very good reputation.

Since there is an established product out there that does this, I was trying to understand if they were trying to improve upon an existing product (in which case I was curious where there were improving) or just trying to capture a piece of marketshare (which I would wonder if it would take them time to 'catch up').

The one I was referencing is here:
http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php...&cat=159&page=1

Now they don't mention pricing, but they could (although it does not sound like HAI's 'style') come in at a lower price point in a very Insteonesque style. I tend to doubt this though.

I think they just want their own branded stuff for all components of an HA/Security system. Same argument could be made for why did they come up with their own UPB devices when Simply Automated and PCS was already out and functional.

Now if just someone would make a version of the DS10A like this, so us people without dedicated panels can have the same functionality.

Vaughn

I think Steve has it right. But it you take a look at their current HAI branded wireless devices available now (http://www.automatedoutlet.com/home.php?cat=210) you will see that they are a little lower priced than their Caddx counterparts.

Can the W800 hear these sensors or are they on a frequency that the w800 can't hear.

Rupp said:
Can the W800 hear these sensors or are they on a frequency that the w800 can't hear.
My understanding is you need their special receiver panel.

Wish I read this question before I went over to the ISC conference today. Strolled right by HAI's booth. But, they probably wouldn't talk to me anyway .... ;)

Back