HAI Omni Pro II - Battery Trouble config

madburg

Hello to all,

Hope someone can help me out. I have some free time to add some of the things I have been missing to my HAI Omni Pro II controller programming.

While testing disconnecting the battery, I want it to announce that the Battery is low via the console (it auto logs the trouble in the event log, so I dont have to, unlike AC Power Loss or restore, which I had to add.) and dials out and announce to my cell. All this is working. But what I noticed is the consoles beep non-stop... and if no one is home, the dog goes crazy, and no one would be around to cancel the alert/beeps via the consoles.

Is there a way to silence the console beeps JUST for the battery trouble via programming?

I don't think there is a way to disable just battery low trouble beeps. You can disable all console beeps while there is an active battery low condition but this will, of course, disable beeps for any other troubles while the battery remains low. I think it's a reasonable compromise to keep the dog from going crazy.

Agreed, thanks for sharing, much appreciated. I will test in the next few days, when no one is home, and let the dog out :)

Just a thought but some people with pets disable console beeps when the system is armed away. The beep is intended to alert humans to a problem but if no humans are there to hear the beeps why aggravate the pets?

No argument there, will incorporate. I will run a test to make sure these 2 points work, as the beeps due to the battery seem to be different to all ours (more obnoxious with 3 beeps if I recall).
Thank you both for sharing.

HAI_fjh said:
Just a thought but some people with pets disable console beeps when the system is armed away. The beep is intended to alert humans to a problem but if no humans are there to hear the beeps why aggravate the pets?

Just keep in mind if beeps are disabled the entry delay will not be audible. You will need to add rules to enable beeps when your entry door is tripped.

A problem is just an opportunity for a solution...

Just some scraps to use as a basis for your solution:
Code:
236.	//    Disable beeps when armed away so as not to annoy pets.
	//    
	//    First block: Disable beeps when arming away or vacation.
	//    
	//    Second block: Enable beeps when an entry/exit zone is violated and the security is not
	//    off.
	//    
	//    Third block: Enable beeps when security is NOT away or vacation.
237.	WHEN AWAY
	WHEN VACATION
			THEN All Consoles DISABLE BEEPS
238.	WHEN Front Door NOT READY
	WHEN Office Door NOT READY
		AND IF Main House NOT OFF
			THEN All Consoles ENABLE BEEPS
239.	WHEN OFF
	WHEN ARM DAY
	WHEN ARM NIGHT

I have this same problem, with the low battery... Batteries are new, and I have tested them.   My issue is that the beeps will fire up in the middle of the night and not stop till you pull the keypad off the wall. 

I have been about to stop the beeps, but give it an hour or so... and they start again.  Drywall is taking damage now, if you know what I mean.  

Ideas?  I see this code up here, Ill look around the forum to see how to use it. 

What are the battery readings of the main board and any expansion boards? The Battery reading should be over 200.

How are you testing the batteries? Just measuring 12V is not sufficient. The battery must be tested under load.

Excerpt from the users manual:

BATTERY LOW TRBL NOW or HAD TRBL: Every hour, the OmniPro II takes a dynamic test of the battery. If the battery voltage is too low, then the console will indicate "BATTERY LOW". If this happens, make sure that the battery is connected. The "BATTERY LOW" indication will remain until the next battery test is executed, 1 hour later, or when a Status | Test command is given.

One question off topic I see these options under console category  what is "BEEPER OFF" & "BEEPER ON"? (An example maybe?)

236. // Disable beeps when armed away so as not to annoy pets.
//
// First block: Disable beeps when arming away or vacation.
//
// Second block: Enable beeps when an entry/exit zone is violated and the security is not
// off.
//
// Third block: Enable beeps when security is NOT away or vacation.
237. WHEN AWAY
WHEN VACATION
238. WHEN Front Door NOT READY
WHEN Office Door NOT READY
AND IF Main House NOT OFF
239. WHEN OFF
WHEN ARM DAY
WHEN ARM NIGHT

Many thanks on the above example, question on this thought. I have the following lines:

18.    TIMED 8:00 AM MTWTFSS
19.    TIMED 9:00 PM MTWTFSS

In your example, if we vacated the home and armed the alarm say at 1 pm,  the console beeps would be disable. That is good for the dog :)
Then say we came home after 10 pm, my code above would have also been processed and maintaiedn the console beeps being disabled at 9 pm.
Since the front door was open at 10pm, the console beeps were enabled in order to have an audible entry delay.

But if I am not mistaken now the console beeps remain enabled, which is not good as I need them off from 9pm until 8am the next morning, so it doesnt wake my daugther, panic the wife etc... (My setup dials out to my cell (and emails) with most everything, so it is not that I miss anything due to the console beeps being disabled in the evening after 9 pm)

So it seems I would need an additional block of code that re-disables console beeps after I disarm the alarm when entering in my example at 10pm so for the rest of the evening there are no additional console beeps until the following morning at 8am.

I hope I explained this well, and appreciate the assistance in creating the proper logic.

I wanted to share what I have come up with for my particular setup should it be helpful to anyone else.

8.    WHEN BATTERY LOW
       WHEN HAI 83A00 Battery NOT READY (This a HAI Power Hub backup battery, set to a trouble zone)
                         THEN RUN Battery Low (email) (HAI snap-link emails me, I would get an email once an hour until its fixed/replaced, as the battery check default is once an hour)
                         THEN LOG Battery Low (The Omni panel auto logs Low battery so I do get a duplicate entry, I have this for the HAI83A00 battery on the trouble zone, I could break this out into another block but didn't want to waste the space; I am ok with the double log should it be the main panel battery thats low.)

9.    WHEN BATTERY LOW
       WHEN HAI 83A00 Battery NOT READY
             AND IF TIME CLOCK 1 ENABLED (8am - 9pm)
             AND IF Low Battery State OFF (Flag, so even if it's in the OK time to say via the console (8am-9pm) it doesnt say it more than once as well as only call me once; battery gets checked every hour and you may not be around or have a spare to replace it, so via this flag I make sure it once say it once.)
                          THEN Flag_Battery Low ON FOR 10 SECONDS (Need this delay as the voice board needs to finish say'ing via console before dialing out to call me and announce the same)
                          THEN SAY (Pause) BATTERY LOW
                          THEN SAY (Pause) BATTERY LOW
                          THEN Low Battery State ON

10.    WHEN Flag_Battery Low OFF (Console finished announcement, turned this flag off above, so now we are ready to dial out and announce)
             AND IF BATTERY LOW
             OR (hope this OR is correct for my logic, will be testing today)
             AND IF HAI 83A00 Battery NOT READY (My understanding is since the Power Hub cannot reset the status on this troubled zone from Tripped, I have to use "NOT READY")
                          THEN PHONE 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX AND SAY (Pause) BATTERY LOW

11.    WHEN BATTERY OK
         WHEN HAI 83A00 Battery SECURE
            THEN Low Battery State OFF (reset the flag for the next time a battery gets detected to be LOW/Trouble)

Madburg,

You quoted above that you have your system set up for text messages.  How did you do that, through external software like haiku helper?

Paul

Back