Premise HAI Omnistat2 RC-2000 - Driver Development

Motorola Premise
Any Premise users who need an Omnistat/2 driver?

I've been using mine for two years but haven't bothered to post it. The last few modules I've posted include full documentation but haven't been downloaded by anyone so I'm less motivated to spend the time and effort in 'putting a bow' on this module prior to sharing it.

Its specs are posted in post #10 above. It uses a prioritized queue to continuously monitor the thermostat and update over a hundred properties, including the full schedule, in a timely fashion. If you need it, let me know.

Me!

I was actually going to post to this thread, but haven't gotten Premise fully deployed yet so I figured I'd wait until I was ready for it. But since you're offering...

I have the Omnistat2 RC1000, but I'm assuming it'd be functionally the same minus the humidity and other stuff the RC2000 has.
Thanks!

123 - I hope you do post, even though I don't have one. Mostly because I have been very excited about the big uptick in the action around here. And I think that the more stuff like this that gets posted, the more likely to get a few more people involved.

Of course, it's easy for me to say, since you'd be doing all of the work.

Hello 123,

I would be very happy with this post as well. I assume this works for the older RC80's as well, since the protocol seems to be backwards compatible?

I know there is another driver for this older modele as well, but as far a I know, this does not support multiple thermostats on 1 serial cable (using different adresses). Does you 'new' driver support this feature?

Regards, Maarten

Although I began development of this driver over two years ago, I do recall some of the registers in the RC-1000/2000 series do not contain the same parameters as in the older models. As a result, this driver is not backwards compatible with the RC-80. As mentioned in post #10, it does support multiple Omnistats (RC-X000 series) daisy-chained on the same serial port.

Notes about this driver:
It does not support "User Hold" (I did not bother to implement it).
It has never been tested with anything other than a single RC-2000.

I'm contemplating switching to Premise in order to get more functionality out of my Omnistat 2 RC2000. Is this driver available for download?

Back