HAI Omnitouch 5.7 will not update

Cinemagic

I have two Omnitouch 5.7 screens. I have successfully updates one screen following the directions given. The second will not update. The Omnitouch 5.7 is 53A02-1 Rev C at firmware 2.3.

Using the same thumb drive, the second screen will not update. I am using a Lexmar 2GB USB drive. The only files loaded on this drive are HAI_OT57S_V3002_EN.57s and Version_V3_Updater.57z.

When I insert the USB thumb drive and press the reset key, there is a loud solid tone. The green light turns red, the HAI Omni Touch splash screen comes up then the green light comes on again and the normal home screen re-appears. The thumb drive is never read and I never get the option to update the firmware. I have tried several times and re-installed the files to the blank thumb drive. I tried a second thumb drive, a SanDisk 1gb. I got the same results. The light on the thumb drive comes on when it is inserted and then promptly goes off. When I press the reset button, the light on the thumb drive comes on and promptly goes off. This indicates that there is at least power getting to the OmniTouch USB port but the Omnitouch sceen is not reading the files. I have reformatted the USB drive, re-installed the files and still get the same results.

The problem seems to be with the Omnitouch screen since I can update one screen with the same thumb drive. Is there any trick to getting this panel to update or do I have a defective screen?

One thing you can try is to disconnect the Omnitouch from power for two minutes and then power it back up. When you insert the thumb drive, the display should then tell you to press the reset button. After reset, the update should start. If this doesn't work, you may want to contact HAI Technical Support at 800-229-7256 for assistance.

One thing you can try is to disconnect the Omnitouch from power for two minutes and then power it back up. When you insert the thumb drive, the display should then tell you to press the reset button. After reset, the update should start. If this doesn't work, you may want to contact HAI Technical Support at 800-229-7256 for assistance.

This was the solution. Thank you for your response. I must say that I have been very pleased with HAI technical support.

Back