HAI Omnitouch 53A00-1 Sensitivity

leeleses

I acquired my very first 53A00-1 (used) and I'm testing it.

Firmware version is 2.3.5

I was able to calibrate it without any problems, and it's running well except for the screen's sensitivity to touch.

It works fine with the pencil eraser and with a fingernail, but does not respond to a finger tip.

Is that normal operation for these?

Thank you!

Calibrate it again.

Is that normal operation for these?

It is not Gorilla screen sensitive but it worked fine for me.

Was thinking about this -- "it's resistant touch not capacity touch"

Which one is the 5.7e?

So calibrating it again might help?

I still like the layout of the 5.7 screens, will have to try out the 5.7s's screens when it comes on Thursday!

For my first rodeo initial setup and testing went well!  I set it fairly quickly to an unused console address, and accessed the calibration screen also.

Soon I'm going to try to do a firmware update on both the 5.7 and the 5.7e.

LQtechvn -- can you throw me a bone and explain what this is more?  Is this a modern alternative to the 5.7's?  

*NQLink Android App For Leviton's Omni/Lumina Controller*

Thanks for the help and interest guys!

This is a diagram I just made for making an RJ-45 jack for the 53A00-1 to connect to the Omni's  +, -, A, and B (Red,Black,Yellow,Green).

Attachments

• HAI 32A14-a.jpg
    HAI 32A14-a.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 6
Good news @LeeLeses

Which one is the 5.7e?

Both the Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e are resistive type screens.

There has not been a firmware update to these screens now in over 10 years.  More than likely your firmware will be up to date.

Be careful with the 4 wires to the Omnitouch 5.7.  I burned one up switching the polarity on one of these many years ago before using catXX cable.

The original set up here was Omnitouch 5.7's to the HAI Omnitouch console / video panel which used standard patched catxx cables.

Yeah Pete!  I have to get this right the 1st time or I'm gonna fry it!

That's why I made the careful diagram.

I could not find the 32A14 written on the supplied cable for the 53A00-1 anywhere online.  Do you know is that how they came?  The supplied connector only has about 5" of wire on it.  :(

If I get this right will label the jack "for alarm touch screen ONLY!"

Really appreciate your help and thoughts!

I'm super excited to finally be able to afford these OmniTouch consoles!  lol

The 53A00-1 is a serial connection just like the Keyboard console.  4 wires only. 

Initially did use Cat5e but combined pairs of wires for the 4 wire connection and did not use a patch panel.

When I switched over to using the HAI Omnitouch and Video panel ==>

can't remember mfg part number

Just recall that it has it's own power supply and is made for analog video connections...

This panel had RJ-45 connections to the Omnitouch serial touchscreens.  Then I switched the old wiring above to patch panel wiring...

The supplied connector only has about 5" of wire on it. 

Yes just like the keyboard consoles.  You just have to give it a different ID number...It is a serial connection.

NOTE: this is totally different than the Omnitouch 5.7e which has an RJ-45 connection on the motherboard which is POE.

The Omnitouch 5.7 is using a serial connection. 

The Omnitouch 5.7e is using a network connection.  

You have to configure it with an IP or run DHCP on it, put in the IP and keys for the Omni panel.

Back