HAI OPII OpenHab

pete_c

Guru
Playing a bit with the OpenHab drivers for HAI on my OPII last night. 

The Ubuntu build is a couple of days old and using the newest 1.6 Openhab Omni jar files (still a work in progress)..

Openhab here is on version 1.5.  Earlier playing was with single hardware drivers (jar files).

I installed it on one of the "Jugglers" that I have been playing with that is running Ubuntu 14.04.

I was able to control stuff fine.  I am still tweaking it a bit and want to give a touchscreen interface client a try on same said box.

The Joggler hardware is an Intel Atom Z520 (1.33 GHz, 512KB L2 cache).  Using a 16Gb SSD ZIF PATA drive in it.  No other modifications have been done to it.

Going to try something smaller (maybe an ARM CPU) in the next week or so.

When running OpenHab on wintel; it was really slow.  Much faster running on Ubuntu 14.04

Main screen

openhab-1.jpg

Thermostat screen (pushed buttons and response time are good)

openhab-3.jpg

Concurrently using webmin (box sits buried right now).

openhab-2.jpg

GUI

openhab-4.jpg

Just a quickie image post relating to the variety of "plugins" for OpenHab.  (have to figure out best way to post)

This does allow for a bunch of "interplay" of a variety of hardware.

Note I did this on a lark yesterday (early morning) relating to just "play" and curiosity about the specific Leviton HAI OPII plugin (well JAR file) during / after watching a very bad zombie movie (which has nothing to do with OpenHab) with very good actors and a very bad script.

Back