HAI RC-2000 thermostat repair

PaulD

One of my HAI RC-2000 thermostats has gone bad. Display looks OK but it will not activate my HVAC. I swaped it our with another RC-2000 and the HVAC runs OK so I know it is the thermostat. Had a bad storm come thru with lots of lightning so it is possible that caused the problem.
Is there is any option to get one repaired or am I stuck with buying a new one?
Anyone out there have a new/used one (White) they want to get rid of?

One of my HAI RC-2000 thermostats has gone bad. Display looks OK but it will not activate my HVAC. I swaped it our with another RC-2000 and the HVAC runs OK so I know it is the thermostat. Had a bad storm come thru with lots of lightning so it is possible that caused the problem.
Is there is any option to get one repaired or am I stuck with buying a new one?
Anyone out there have a new/used one (White) they want to get rid of?

Paul: Have you contacted HAI and talked to them about it? I had an RC-1000 start acting up on me and it was just past the 2 year warranty but they went ahead and replaced it anyway. So I was really impressed with their customer service. It might be worth a shot.

Paul: Have you contacted HAI and talked to them about it? I had an RC-1000 start acting up on me and it was just past the 2 year warranty but they went ahead and replaced it anyway. So I was really impressed with their customer service. It might be worth a shot.

Just discovered it Fri night. Will touch base with HAI on Monday. Thought I might check here to see what people might say while I am waiting to check with HAI.

My RC-1000 purchased new sat on a shelf until last year when I installed it. It worked fine until the spring when I noticed an odd remote temperature reading fluctuating from 0 to regular temperature. This seemed to be a communications issue.

None the less HAI replaced it after a validation of functions; no issues; service folks were very pleasant to deal with. (even after the 2nd one was replaced).

Concur

HAI Customer support has been excellent to work with. Have sent back a couple of RC2000 for firmware upgrades and repair. HAI always prompt and easy to deal with.

Back