Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

pgray007 said:
I'd like to see an ability to have a "home" and "away" IP address/hostname for the panel, so we no longer have to create two different panel configurations and remember to switch them when operating from our internal LAN versus external networks.

If your firewall supports NAT reflection / hairpain NAT, which most consumer routers do automatically, you can use your public IP internally. This does causes the packets to route through the router and back to the panel, but it shouldn't add any noticeable delay.

Alternatively you could use split DNS, which is a bit more complicated. Firewalls like pfSense call this DNS overrides.

1. Being able to add/remove/re-sort all lists of items, rather than in the order they are wired into the controllers, would be huge. That way I can put 'My Study' at the top of areas, and my wife can put 'Jr's Bedroom' at the top of hers. Same thing with sorting zones any way I want (so so necessary), as well as maybe even adding and deleting zones I don't care about.

2. Being able to access useful logging, so that for example I can see my daughter used her code at 3:11AM to disarm the house when she snuck in. :rofl:

3. Graphing of single things like temperature, but then being able to create custom time graphs that overlay multiple things, so for example I can track outside temperature, rain advisory and when then system turned on my sprinklers. All overlaid with each other. Graphing of even things like time of day when the house armed, when my son's code was used to disarm every day for the past month, etc.

rsw686 said:
If your firewall supports NAT reflection / hairpain NAT, which most consumer routers do automatically, you can use your public IP internally. This does causes the packets to route through the router and back to the panel, but it shouldn't add any noticeable delay.

Alternatively you could use split DNS, which is a bit more complicated. Firewalls like pfSense call this DNS overrides.

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 that tends to overcomplicate every configuration, and turn every 10 minute configuration task into a 12 hour nightmare so I haven't attempted to setup this configuration (that said, the thing is rock solid and never crashes or misses a beat until I mess with it).

No 2 can be done via programming directly in HAI, why would Haiku bother to do the same externally?

No 3 is a Haikuhelper feature, and this thread is about Haiku (the iOS software)

No 1 is a good idea

I know I am delirious but Haiku on Android with tasker plugin/interface would be absolutely awesome. Haiku is the one thing I miss on Android and there is nothing close. It's kinda weird, since Android is more of a tech geek platform than iOS, Haiku would be such a great fit there. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.

pgray007 said:
I have a Cisco ASA 5505 that tends to overcomplicate every configuration, and turn every 10 minute configuration task into a 12 hour nightmare so I haven't attempted to setup this configuration (that said, the thing is rock solid and never crashes or misses a beat until I mess with it).

Well, the 5505 won't let you do hairpin NAT, so you will need to do split horizon DNS or something similar.  I've been suffering with that for years now.

neillt said:
Well, the 5505 won't let you do hairpin NAT, so you will need to do split horizon DNS or something similar.  I've been suffering with that for years now.

What firmware version are you running? Cisco changed the NAT syntax drastically for 8.3 and newer. I haven't tested it, but you should be able to get hairpin NAT working using nat (inside, any) for the NAT statement and "same-security permit intra-interface".

rsw686 said:
What firmware version are you running? Cisco changed the NAT syntax drastically for 8.3 and newer. I haven't tested it, but you should be able to get hairpin NAT working using nat (inside, any) for the NAT statement and "same-security permit intra-interface".

Ooooh that's a good point.  It's not running 8.3, I can tell you that... it's been sitting in a closet forever being neglected.

First of all thank you for all your efforts.

Haiku Wish List

The ability to;
Implement a scheme from inside Haiku.
Expand the use of custom names instead of secure and not ready. ie the pump is "Running"/"Off"
Colorize names
Use local weather sources
When a "room" is open you can only execute one command, then the room closes.
Add Sunrise and Sunset times to "Status" header.
Add "single step" Plus/Minus to the sliders respectively.

1) Having the ability to sync the Omni controller with HaikuHelper from the hand device.
2) Numeric keypad for audio zones.

I think the ability to customize the layout would be ideal.  Most people want to be able to lay things out the way that works best for them.

Also I think storing and restoring the data from the cloud or dropbox is huge.  I have a horrible time myself trying to sync up all the ipads I have around the house.  I have to plug them in to the computer to sync that file - not fun.  Maybe even a couple version of file.  I have some different settings depending on the rooms I am in.

Maybe a camera view that has multiple cameras at one time?

Thats just a few thoughts.

Neil

I would like a homepage with a camera view in addition to the other info

Perhaps  a single page the size of the touchscreen, no scrolling, as  the standby screen, especially when mounted to the wall in a touchscreen type usage.

Ability to bypass login if on same LAN:
Currently when connected from a LAN device to the Haiku Helper server I get logged out after a short period of time. I understand that it's likely a security feature. Especially for someone logging in on a WAN. However, I am migrating from another HA system (HomeVision) and it has the ability to NOT require a login and password IF the web connection to the server is on the same LAN or subnet. It's a handy option. Please consider adding it as an option. To take it one step further you could also provide a list of IP addresses which could bypass the login. Or at least allow you to login and not automatically log you out.

Thanks for a great product.

Back