Haiku Haiku is now Space, available shortly!

For the record, I got those notifications and I don't have HaikuHelper. I don't think they were pushed "through" the server but rather just normal push notifications via Apple's push API.

I've never received  a "test" notification from any app before but that's good to know. The most important notifications on my iPhone are from Haiku and I need those to be very concise. 

jay01 said:
One issue on the audio interface. If I go to the audio popup for a particular zone and click on the source it exits the app. Does it every time. I can not change the source. 
This is a Russound CAV6.6 and HAI OPII. It works fine in the last version of Haiku. 
Will Space audio work with Russound Sphere?  Hope so as I love Haiku, but am stuck with Russound's discontinued audio controller!
Keep up the great work.

bighorn said:
Will Space audio work with Russound Sphere?  Hope so as I love Haiku, but am stuck with Russound's discontinued audio controller!
Keep up the great work.
Space supports the same systems as the controller itself. We plan to improve on this once Space Server is available, though.

rtsp cameras not working for me. I can add them into the camera section, see the thumbnail of the live video feed, but when I click the thumbnail, the app crashes. Restart the app and the camera has entirely disappeared. I tried to setup the camera and navigate away to the home screen (thinking this might at least save the camera and it's credentials), but it does not. I click again on the thumbnail, it crashes and is not to be seen again. 

I can send the camera model and settings I input if needed.

I have to say I am really disappointed with this app. As a long time user of Haiku, I was really happy with the interface. I'm not quite sure where the improvements are in this app as it appears to be just interface changes and window dressing. It seems like I have to hunt to find what I am looking for instead of having everything presented in a clear and concise manner. Maybe that's the new trend, I'm definitely getting older. I regret jumping the gun and purchasing this app. I wish I had held out to get more info. Buyer beware, if you expect improvements on the already great Haiku interface, you will get something entirely different.

TheCodeMan said:
I have to say I am really disappointed with this app. As a long time user of Haiku, I was really happy with the interface. I'm not quite sure where the improvements are in this app as it appears to be just interface changes and window dressing. It seems like I have to hunt to find what I am looking for instead of having everything presented in a clear and concise manner. Maybe that's the new trend, I'm definitely getting older. I regret jumping the gun and purchasing this app. I wish I had held out to get more info. Buyer beware, if you expect improvements on the already great Haiku interface, you will get something entirely different.
Things certainly have been reorganized, but we are always working to make the app even faster to use. It is not surprising that there is a learning curve between the two apps because of this reorganization, but you should give it a chance. The layout is quite optimized currently but we plan to add more overview information and controls on the Status screen. Keep in mind this is version 1.0...

wboy said:
rtsp cameras not working for me. I can add them into the camera section, see the thumbnail of the live video feed, but when I click the thumbnail, the app crashes. Restart the app and the camera has entirely disappeared. I tried to setup the camera and navigate away to the home screen (thinking this might at least save the camera and it's credentials), but it does not. I click again on the thumbnail, it crashes and is not to be seen again. 

I can send the camera model and settings I input if needed.
What version of Space is this on?

lupinglade said:
Things certainly have been reorganized, but we are always working to make the app even faster to use. It is not surprising that there is a learning curve between the two apps because of this reorganization, but you should give it a chance. The layout is quite optimized currently but we plan to add more overview information and controls on the Status screen. Keep in mind this is version 1.0...
I'll give it a chance but my disappointment is based on spending $30 on an app I expected to be polished to a point beyond that of Haiku. I guess I just expected different. 

I’ll be honest I feel much the same way.. I actually like the Haiku layout better having a quickview page.  Other then some graphic changes I’m not sure if I had to do it over again I would purchase Space at this point. It seems that Haiku is more polished right now.

My recommendation is if you have Haiku, stay with it until theirs some more refinements to Space.  

I think I'd prefer Space for a wall-mounted console with its simplistic look.  But for phone power user, I'll stick with Haiku, hope they keep it around.

I too feel that space is only 50% of what Haiku offers. I didn't want to put Cold water on all the work that's been done to make Space what it is but it'll take a lot of work to bring it up to the level of Haiku for simplicity, minimum number of clicks and quick summarization. I also feel the print size in space is too small. The announcement of space and my purchase show even more how good Haiku really is.  I am sorry to disappoint you....

I agree with other as well. Haiku is a much better designed UX. Spaced looks modern, however, it's a large leap backwards in usability.

lupinglade said:
What version of Space is this on?
Firmware 3.12, Protocol 0.1. Below is a screenshot of a camera setting. Interestingly, if I put in a camera then immediately turn the phone off while still in edit screen (before hitting "Done"), then turn phone back on, the camera at least persists (after Space crashes then reboots). But, I still can't click on any of the cameras after that without Space crashing, EXCEPT ONE - the one I have chosen a different port for (1109 versus the default 554). It was also the first one I put in, so maybe that has something to do with it also. 
kyznMM5.png

wboy said:
Firmware 3.12, Protocol 0.1. Below is a screenshot of a camera setting. Interestingly, if I put in a camera then immediately turn the phone off while still in edit screen (before hitting "Done"), then turn phone back on, the camera at least persists (after Space crashes then reboots). But, I still can't click on any of the cameras after that without Space crashing, EXCEPT ONE - the one I have chosen a different port for (1109 versus the default 554). It was also the first one I put in, so maybe that has something to do with it also. 
kyznMM5.png

Sorry, didn't answer your question - I am on space 1.03

Back