Has anyone used a Redeye Pro (or another iOS remote with a stateful server)?

majortom

I have been trying to find someone who has actually used a Redeye Pro. I posted on AVS forum and have not received any replies. I am looking for an iPad/iPhone remote solution that maintains state (to enable control from multiple devices) and it seems like a good possibility.

I have been trying to find someone who has actually used a Redeye Pro. I posted on AVS forum and have not received any replies. I am looking for an iPad/iPhone remote solution that maintains state (to enable control from multiple devices) and it seems like a good possibility.

I think there are a few others out there as well such as Square Connect's SQ Blaster. I remember hearing good things baout Redeye Pro but I don't remember where...

I was checking out the RedEye Pro @ CEDIA, it really looks like a very powerful device. There is no open API (yet), so if you don't care about interfacing it with 3rd party solutions, then this might be the route to go. I'll see if I can take some video (already have some pics).

Article will be posted soon, but here is the video of the RedEye system in action, which contains most of the details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moeGppNX-Kk

Just got one a few days ago. "Upgraded" from an assortment of the base stations with hacked together IR emitters. Essentially, for $500 I have what I pieced together from parts for $800 a couple years ago and it actually does what I want it to this time.

I'm not an expert with it by any means, but it seems to be pretty much as advertised so far. The manual is a disaster for setup, though. Once you have the "Aha!" moment, it goes pretty smooth, but I didn't have mine until about 5 hours and 8 beers went by around 3am. Then it is pretty tedious, but I'm a perfectionist on the layouts, so that might be more my deal than anything.

Haven't played with anything other than the IR emitters, though, so I can't comment on USB connections, et al.

Be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thinkflood added a REST API to their RedEye WiFi and Pro models. I use the REST API for voice control of my AV equipment (among other things) using my iPhone and SiriProxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXmCiaRc9XU

Enjoy!

Elvis

Back