Help! Sentrol 5822A-W and ElkM1

danieldholmes

Okay. I don't know whats going on here. I've got the Sentrol ShatterPro II 5822A-W and they're constantly showing up as violated in ElkM1 Gold. Each one is wired to its own zone. ElkRp shows there is no voltage, but says their status is violated. They're on 04 Burglar Interior. Is this common? or did I miss something in the setup. I've got SpyPIRs hooked up and they're doing fine, along with a ton of window sensors. The only thing I can think of is the built-in tamper switch, but I pulled the sensor back out of its sleeve and pressed in (what I beleive is…) the tamper switch - still no change in status.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Do you have voltage going to it (measure the 12 volts with a meter?). Other than that, the 'loop' terminal should just go to an Elk input zone. Do you have an EOL condition (use or bypass) like your other sensors?

Okay. I don't know whats going on here. I've got the Sentrol ShatterPro II 5822A-W and they're constantly showing up as violated in ElkM1 Gold. Each one is wired to its own zone. ElkRp shows there is no voltage, but says their status is violated. They're on 04 Burglar Interior. Is this common? or did I miss something in the setup. I've got SpyPIRs hooked up and they're doing fine, along with a ton of window sensors. The only thing I can think of is the built-in tamper switch, but I pulled the sensor back out of its sleeve and pressed in (what I beleive is…) the tamper switch - still no change in status.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat.

I finally figured this out after many many hours of trouble shooting.

Turns out there is a tamper button on the glass break. But if you put the glass break in the housing the wrong way it doesn't push the switch in. Ironically, the first 10 glass breaks I installed happened to be the right way so I never knew about this and the directions don't explain it. Before sliding the glass break in, look into the housing and you'll see an indent, you want the switch to hit this indent when slid all the way in. I believe you can cut the latch wire and this will disable the tamper option, but I didn't go that far once I figured out the problem.

Hopefully this will help the next person.

Back