Help with Xantech LM110 Keypad Please

Madcodger

All - We have a dead Xantech LM110 keypad and would appreciate any help available with figuring it out, please.

Our former house had a whole house audio system that was controlled by a Xantech IR system, which used an LM110 keypad. We sold the house in late August after living there for six years and the new owners (with whom we are friendly) report that the keypad is no longer functioning. It appears to have power (I will verify that later today when I stop by there) but just doesn't work. The new owner and I are hoping someone on the board can answer a few questions, please, to point us in the right direction.

1) Do these things just die suddenly, or should we look somewhere else in the system?
2) This is the only keypad in the system, and from reading the Xantech site it appears the programming was done by the original dealer using a "Dragon Drop IR" programming kit, which is likely expensive. Is there any other way to program these units, that can be done by a homeowner?
3) If the unit is dead, is there another brand available that would allow the homeowner to replace the keypad on their own, without having to have a dealer program it? I'm thinking of something like a Harmony remote, but using a keypad.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Joe

Back